Walmart only selling fram filters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in to pick-up some ST filters, and they only had a couple left. The entire wall was filled with 4-5 different fram filters, Ultra guard, Ultra Guard XL, and any other combination you could think of. Are they discontining ST filters? I checked in 3 different WM's, and all had the same situation.

Hope it is an aberration. I don't think Advance Auto carries anything that fits my truck except a PH 3950. Last I looked at Pep Boys, they didn't have my Purolator. Don't know how long I can trust Purolator now that they are part of Botch. I can still buy STP 3950's at Auto Zone.

WalMart Canada has done the same here since a few years... before we could buy AC-Delco Filters, but now, we're stuck with only Frams. With an exception: HoneyWell filters, still a Fram :-(

still have a small assortment of Motorcraft and Supertech and now the Rebadged fram Autolite filters as well, and then fram galore

Last time I was at Walmart they were getting low on the Motorcraft and ST stuff. Did look like Fram was taking over.

quote:

Originally posted by trooper99:
I went in to pick-up some ST filters, and they only had a couple left. The entire wall was filled with 4-5 different fram filters, Ultra guard, Ultra Guard XL, and any other combination you could think of. Are they discontining ST filters? I checked in 3 different WM's, and all had the same situation.

The orange wall of doom.

On my next OCI I'm gonna get me one of those fancy smancy NAPA Gold filters with the silicone ADBV. What the H***, we only live once right?
grin.gif

So, now that I can't get ST, a decent oil filter for $2-$3, which the next best price/performance filter available? I've bought purolators with coupons, but even then they were like $5 or more.

So what is your number? As I mentioned, AZ has my number in STP. Delco or MotorCraft are often available at reasonable prices. Also check Value Craft, Total Grip, and Power FLO. I would watch Purolator carefully. I never have liked their dome end bypass. Now they are owned by Botch, who knows. Of course, Botch could upgrade all the brands Purolator sells to the Motorcraft design.

If Champ is losing the Wal-Mart account, they may be aggressive about getting into other places.

Don't suppose protesting to Wal-Mart will do much good. Still many Frams are foreign made, and Filter Guy claims the Mexican made Champs are no more. ''Where is my @#$%^*&^%#$% American made filter?'' I ALWAYS buy American where there is a good option like the Champ filters.

ST16 is the filter the car needs. ValueCraft box looks cheesy
smile.gif
I know bobistheoilguy.com has a review of filters, but I think its getting/is old/out-of-date? That why I was wondering which filters are decent. I heard WIX are pretty good.

The Walmart near me still has ST and Motorsraft filters. They are well hidden on the bottom shelf in the orange aisle. There isn't many though compared to Fram.

I think ya'll would be surprised what the general population thinks of Fram versus SuperTech filters.

Ask people you know that aren't 'oil-savvy' what kind of oil filter they think is the best.

I bet over 80% of them say Fram.

It's a natural choice. The more stuff they can get on the boat from China, the more money they make. At least the labeling is still in English. You can be sure that Fram measures up to Wally World's standards.

I think the ST 16 is a fairly popular number. If I could find a 3950 in Value Craft, I would use it. I throw the box away. Check Power Flo. QS, and total Grip too. Trouble is, they are made by Purolator and have dome end bypasses. Also who knows what will happen now they are owned by Bosch.

Anybody know a place to get a good deal on low volume Delcos? Nobody in town stocks my numbers except the stealer. Pep Boys doesn't have them either. I am getting sick of chasing deals on L 15436's and wondering if the ST 3950 is going to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back