Walmart only selling fram filters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Wix filters are indeed better, as both of those are made by Dana, but the Wix gets a better silicone antidrainback valve. The AC Delco does use the same filtering media though. (this is only true for Canadian AC Delcos, the US ones are not made by Dana)

Thanks for the info regarding Wix vs AC Delco.

I'll call around and see if I can track down a place that sells Wix filters. There is a Carquest shop not far from me, so I'll give them a call regarding the Carquest Blue filter (assuming they have the cartridge for my car).

According to the item list on the receipt for the oil change I got done today, the GM/AC Delco one is $6.00 when included with the dealer oil change.

Now I know why you guys change your own oil - $46.00 for an oil change
blush.gif

I was in Wal-Mart today cruising the automotive section (you guys have corrupted me
laugh.gif
).

There were maybe a dozen Honeywell branded filters (Honeywell owns Fram), and maybe 5 AC Delco filters. All the rest were Fram branded.

The Fram filter for my engine costs more than the AC Delco one from the dealership
crazy.gif

In Ontario all the Walmart stores I visited now carry only Fram or Honeywell filters (same #@$%! basically) and nothing else. Not only that but their oils aren't that cheap compared to CT or any other retailers.

Here in the Buffalo area there are plenty of ST filters on the rack, a TON of orange filters, and they just rolled out Genuine Mopar filters. They still have Motorcraft as well.

The super walmart near me has an even better variety, and they have 5w20 motorcraft and 5w30 in 5 quart jugs.

Furthermore, if you speak to the oil dept manager, and tell them what your looking for, they will put in an order for it, and keep it on the shelves if it sells.

The demand was there for 5w20 motorcraft, now they stock it in the bulk jugs.

a funny anecdote regarding lousy fram filters--i used nothing but on a '92 chevy short wide, 350 engine, that had over 150,000 on the odometer and still put up 20mpg on the highway when it was stolen last january

i use wix and motorcraft on my fords now, primarily for the anti-drainback valves...otherwise, with regular oci at 5k or less, fram away

Just left my Wal-Mart. Still had the usual stuff, albiet a little low. I bought their last MC FL820S. Excellent supply of oil including PP and M1 0W20 and 0W40. TONS of all ST products and Top Artic and even some SAE30 ND/SA stuff from Excel I think the name was along with some 10W40 that said for use on '88 and older cars from the same name. Both were like $1.25/qt.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back