Walmart only selling fram filters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Anybody know a place to get a good deal on low volume Delcos?

Advance Auto near me has fairly large selection of AC/Delco; size for my car (04 Camry 4 cyl; PF1433?) is around $3.50 - $4. And they have cross reference on Purolator, AC/Delco, etc. As always, YMMV.

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:
Last time I was at Walmart they were getting low on the Motorcraft and ST stuff. Did look like Fram was taking over.

Mine's pretty much like this, too. Although the Monkeycraft's they do stock are the ones I need for our Ford fleet. They even have the PSD cartridges available. It's the Supertech selection that has gotten thin.

Still, it does look like a Fram takeover, what with the regular orange filters, Toughguard, Ultraguard, Superguard, Turboguard and all the other versions Fram offers.

Yea, the ST oil filter are thinning out around here. I have been buying all their stock when its in. I have built up a good supply for the next few years. Same goes with the MC FL820S filters, I have a good stock built up. Seems these are getting pretty limited thesedays as well. It's like were preparing for RedDawn :)

Same here. They were out of the ones that fit my saab. They had 3 left to vit my CR-V, though. Grabbed them, of course....

Be a bunch of us here disappointed if the ST disappears. Last I checked, the 3950 wasn't available in Valuecraft or Total grip. I hate to downsize, but I wonder if the 3593A is? Likely still a better filter than a PH 3950. What about an oversize? Anything in a 3 3/4'' diameter, 20 mm thread, and about 4-5'' high?

Satan may not be running Wally World, but I wonder how effective their vaunted stock tracking system really is? In theory, each location should, based upon the scan tag read for each item purchased, have shipped to it exactly what is needed to keep stock on hand. In practice, how often have you gone to Wally World, and found your prefered filter or oil out of stock, an empty shelf behind a shelf tag? All business models peak and then decline. Wal Marche may be past its peak.

Quote:

Wal mart is run by Satan.

That's the Christmas spirit! Someone have trouble finding a Christmas gift?

I remember the good ol days when we grumbled to no end that those wonderful little Mom and Pop stores were charging us highway robbery....

BTW, Supertech filters are alive and well at my wally-world.

Quote:

Supertech filters are alive and well at my wally-world.

Same here.(at every Wal-Mart up and down the Wasatch Front (over 14 stores))

Plenty of them
thumbsup.gif
(about 2-3 dozen per number) and all of them have the updated look.

The lowest price ones are now $2.24.

I'm going to maintain a stash of the number I use. The UOAs and the way they work/look after 5k miles show me they are good.
approved.gif

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

Im just hoping Fred's keeps caring the $2.09 Havoline (Purolator Premium Plus). I think its the current best bang for the buck.

Now my wally-world DID stop the Motorcrafts. But as for Supertechs, I think there was just a lull when they switched to the new packaging. I keep at least 4 for both my cars. It makes sense for my SAAB since I am changing the oil every month or so. But for my Honda, it gets two changes a year if it's lucky!

My local Wally's has plenty of Motorcraft on hand as well as a new stash of Mopar OEM filters. And, yes, plenty of Fram and Supertech.

Mostly Frams at my local Wally world. I buy jugs of supertech and then have to skip over to Autozone for the STP filter 2805A or the Duralast 441 for my 528es. I'm hoping the Duralast is a Champion filter. It is US made anyway.

All of the WallyWorlds i have been to in Canada have been the 97% Fram/ 3% Honeywell wall of doom. Sorry to hear if The US Wallys are getting equally lame.

For the last two years I have been jealous reading of these $2 Champion or Purolator made house brand filters. I don't think I have ever seen a filter sold in Canada for less than $4.50... and it was a Fram.

We don't have alternatives like Autozone. Our ubiquitous Canadian Tire sells mainly Frams and rebadged Frams, with the odd Quaker State thrown in. I guess Napa has some selection, but there is no store near me. I went to a Carquest near my work once but the prices were nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back