Walmart Oil Shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to two Walmarts this evening and to my surprise found this...

IMG_5344.jpeg
IMG_5345.jpeg

if anyone's got a valid reasoning behind it, please chime in?

I have a feeling we are being played for the fools we are. I would do the M1 0w-40 though
this is the trend in my area by now, hard to grasp what is going on honestly

Great. With toilet paper shortage we turned to hoarding and then just used fewer squares. Oil hoarding? That’s harder to get around.

Don't be surprised if the stocking and shipment strategies of Wally and their suppliers doesn't escape review and revision.

I will stop in my Wally tomorrow to compare.

How was the battery supply, miden851?

Don't be surprised if the stocking and shipment strategies of Wally and their suppliers doesn't escape review and revision.

I will stop in my Wally tomorrow to compare.

How was the battery supply, miden851?
I don't think its affected as much as oil shelves if anything

the Valvoline daily protection works great. those shelves are 2-3 times the length of my Walmarts.

I went to two Walmarts this evening and to my surprise found this...

View attachment 107077View attachment 107079

if anyone's got a valid reasoning behind it, please chime in?
exactly what our Walmart looked like last weekend. Very strange.... Why not just a few brands low? Do they all ship in the same trucks?
would not surprise me if the oil is all stacked up in the stock room with no workers to put it out. My Walmart has had a problem keeping
workers for many years.

Last edited:
People are trying to save money by changing their own oil? That's my guess.

And they will be coming to each and everyone of us with questions about changing one's own oil shortly.

Don't use Walmart for any metrics on what shortages there are and aren't. Walmart shelves have been bare for years even before the pandemic. The shelves really only hold enough merchandise for a few days worth of sales and if the store can't hire enough stockers, you get bare shelves. I was at one recently at night and the aisles were full of pallets waiting to be restocked on shelves, certain sections were wiped out. Probably the best shot of finding one well stocked would be in the morning not on a weekend or near the beginning/end of the month and away from a holiday.

Mine was out of Mobil 1 0w40 though, although they did have 5w40 and also the 12 quart box of 0w40 but that was still $60 and the rebate works best on two 5 quart jugs. Might have to do a frankenbrew of 5w40 with some left over quarts of 0w40.

Don't use Walmart for any metrics on what shortages there are and aren't. Walmart shelves have been bare for years even before the pandemic. The shelves really only hold enough merchandise for a few days worth of sales and if the store can't hire enough stockers, you get bare shelves. I was at one recently at night and the aisles were full of pallets waiting to be restocked on shelves, certain sections were wiped out. Probably the best shot of finding one well stocked would be in the morning not on a weekend or near the beginning/end of the month and away from a holiday.

Mine was out of Mobil 1 0w40 though, although they did have 5w40 and also the 12 quart box of 0w40 but that was still $60 and the rebate works best on two 5 quart jugs. Might have to do a frankenbrew of 5w40 with some left over quarts of 0w40.
When living in Midway, UT- I would send my Wife pictures of the empty shelves at the Heber City, UT, Wal-Mart in 2018/2019. I assumed at that time that Wal-mart could not get workers, or even a manager, that cared (or had any motivation). Empty shelves at Wal-mart may not indicate a MACRO shortage of goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back