Walmart Oil filter prices way up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just left from Walmart, doing my oil stash replenish and needed a few oil filters for upcoming jobs and WHOA! The AC Delco PF63E last time was like $3 and now is over $7. Fram Ultras in some part #'s were $28! Even Tough Guards were running $7-8. What happened?

Still 8.97 for ultras at my walmart. But I get them for under 8 bucks on Amazon subscribe and save and then tie it into a fram rebate.

Were all the filters higher priced across the board? Bame the stock market, LoL.

Most of the spin-on Ultras are still $8.97, and many of the cartridges aren't too much over $10

The Ultra that's $27 is probably that Volvo cartridge.

No idea , have not shopped Walmart for an oil filter since last summer , person .

Was looking at their on line prices a day ago .

About convinced to go with NAPA silver oil filters . For the Buick 3.8l . Have several cartridge filters from RockAuto for the Chevy Sonic 1.8l , on hand .

Hopefully the Walmart price hike is a computer glitch .

You live in the USA and you get filters from WM???? What?!! Seriously? Only one id get from WM is the supertech for 3$. Napa? Wix?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
You live in the USA and you get filters from WM???? What?!! Seriously? Only one id get from WM is the supertech for 3$. Napa? Wix?

Walmart is a good place to get oil filters if they carry the brand and model you need.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Walmart is a good place to get oil filters if they carry the brand and model you need.

I agree, and oil as well. I have seen Wal Mart prices, sometimes, are still cheaper than when CDN Tire has sales. Not always, and it depends what you use or are after, but it pays to shop around sometimes.

I have also noticed, which I think is the norm, some stores carry more/different products than others.

Everything you mention seems about normal. The lower volume filters are more.

Worry when the PH16, PH8A, PH3600 etc. are over $3.77.

My problem with WM is they don't always have what I'm looking for. In San Diego the prices look good, there is a lot of competition for business.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

The Ultra that's $27 is probably that Volvo cartridge.

I believe he's referring the XG10600 for WV/Audi 2.0T TSI turbo engines like I have in my CC.

When I saw the price, I drove down the street to Advance Auto and pickup up the Mobil 1 equivalent filter for $16.

The PG46E for $7 went up by almost $4 and its a very common filter
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Everything you mention seems about normal. The lower volume filters are more.

Worry when the PH16, PH8A, PH3600 etc. are over $3.77.

Good point but the AC Delco PF46E for $7 went up by almost $4 and its a very common filter used on GM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back