Walmart Oil Choice Emergency

I cant make up my mind. which to buy.

Both SP, but the advanced FS is new triple action label withe dex gen3 cert

The Ep is Sp also, but its the older bottle with dex gen2.

im not going say what car or application. just which is better? your opinions, ill buy whichever the thread leans toward.

Attachments

• 56D1CA0A-BB34-4712-BA8B-AAD6BB055507.jpeg
    56D1CA0A-BB34-4712-BA8B-AAD6BB055507.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 215
I'm partial to the EP, but the regular is outstanding and probably can handle far more than your engine would ever throw at it with normal driving.

Reactions: SR5
she's getting ep. i'm wagering the ep meets dex1g3 too, but they just didn't update the lic. If not, i guess my car will just have to deal with the extra 0.1% of sulfated ash allowance. lol
Thanks for the help everyone, that was a close one.

she's getting ep. i'm wagering the ep meets dex1g3 too, but they just didn't update the lic. If not, i guess my car will just have to deal with the extra 0.1% of sulfated ash allowance. lol
Thanks for the help everyone, that was a close one.
EP has ben 0.8% ash for a long time, it should be lower ash than the Regular Mobil1.

Either oil will allow engine life well beyond your ownership of the vehicle.

im not going say what car or application. just which is better? your opinions, ill buy whichever the thread leans toward.
Go with the EP.

M1 ILSAC formulations have not changed in the last twelve years. dexos1 Gen 3 and Gen 2 formulations are identical and so are SP and SN formulations. M1 has always been way ahead not to need any formulation change when the ILSAC GF and GM dexos specs were updated.

Do you really believe it would matter?

Glad you actually had some oil to make a decision over. Our local Walmart was almost empty of any oil brands when I went there yesterday with my wife. I've have never seen it that empty.

Back