Walmart Mobil 5qt jugs Up in Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been Bugging my Local Walmart on when they are getting their shipment of Mobil 1 5qt jugs, they were running @ $18/jug last year ( only 1-2 shipments a year), but they just told me that they will be carrying them on a regular basis for $22.68/jug...man that's a big differce,

That's higher than what I pay my BIL for Amsoil 10W30 ATM. In the 2.5 gallon jugs I get the 10W30 for $4.40 a quart.

I may switch back to Amsoil or go with Schaeffer's blends.

It's not the screaming bargain that it used to be but I still think it's a good deal. I like the 5 qt jugs because they just fill my crankcase. I'd like to see WalMart stock all of Mobil 1's PCMOs in 5qt jugs this time--including the 0w-xx weights.

It wasn't long ago (1998 or 1999) that I remember going to Michigan and seeing Mobil 1 at Target for $2.49 per quart! Times sure have changed.
frown.gif

Target sells Mobil 1 for $5.29 a quart here in Northern NJ.

I still prefer using the least expensive dino oil. I just don't have the money for expensive synthetics.

Wait till it sitting on the shelf for while, if its slow moving, they will drop the price. Thats typical of Walmart.

But, overall cost of raw materials is going up on most everything. Whats really killing is the shipping costs. from my location its more costly to use the mail than UPS. And UPS is adding on fuel sur-charges. I just shipped a small 6 lb package and it cost me $8.94 to NY from Michigan. Frieght (and the rise in fuel) is making things more costly.

I still like to use the more pricey synthetic, it can't afford to be changing my oil every 3,000 miles like they say the petroleum oil is only good for.

[ March 12, 2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Mike ]

M1 10W-30 SS is $4.08/qt in my area. I've seen it as low as $3.76/qt at the same store.

You've got to check each store location as some will drop prices to meet local competition.

Also if WalMart gets advertising or promotional funds from a supplier they will usually drop the retail price accordingly. The price drop lasts while the promo last - 90 days is common.

Shop carefully, folks.

The Rotella synthetic group III is still $19. at the Redding California Walmart. the oil isn't moving at all.
The last time I was at Costco Mobil 1 oil was $23.99 a case of 6.

Try Costco. Last time I was there M1 6 packs
(5W-30 or 10W-30) were under $24. Let Walmart increase their prices - competition is supposed to be good for the consumer. You have the option of not buying if the price is not right.

However, we all know that gas & oil prices are high for everyone right now.

The price of a barrel of crude has topped $40.00 on war fears. It's a misconception to conclude that PAOs grow on trees. They're polymerized from small molecules that are, themselves, ultimately extracted from petroleum distillates. Bottom line? Get used to it.

Still $18.88 in Spokane WA but no 0W-xx weights at all. Maybe walmart thinks we don't need it cause of the mild winters?

This week the 5qt Mobil 1 jug at the local Wal Mart (near Hilton Head Isl.) is $18.88. Last fall it was $17.78.

quote:

That's higher than what I pay my BIL for Amsoil 10W30 ATM. In the 2.5 gallon jugs I get the 10W30 for $4.40 a quart.

I may switch back to Amsoil or go with Schaeffer's blends

True, but I think M1 is a better oil then the ATM Amsoil 10w-30 at this point. M1 would only be .40 more per quart.

$18.88 for 5 qt jug in Colorado Springs Wal-Marts today.

[ July 26, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back