Walmart Mobil 5qt jugs Up in Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

True, but I think M1 is a better oil then the ATM Amsoil 10w-30 at this point. M1 would only be .40 more per quart.

At this point in time, true.

Walmart here is still selling 5-qt jugs for 18.88.

quote:

At this point in time, true

I forgot the word "time". Your right bc Amsoil is more likely to reformulate first being a blender and using the latest additives which will probably be better then what Mobil 1 is using in the near future.

I think though with more calcium and boron, that M1 is a better bang for your buck then Amsoil's regular line.

Still $18.88 per jug in my neighborhood but S-T dino is $4.17/jug so I cannot see running syn when I can change 3 times a year with dino for less cost as once per year with Mobil 1.

If I weren't running M1 right now, I think Pennzoil would be my choice among dinos. I'm impressed with it. I still think for $22, the M1 deal is a great buy.

[ July 28, 2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Saw this thread, panicked and headed down to W-Mart for a jug of the 5W-30 for our Forester's next change.
There it was on the shelf-- still $18.88! Yess!!
Nothing like the satisfaction of buying one more jug before they jacked up the price.
tongue.gif

Now just noticed this thread is only a continuation from an old one posted March 12 of this year! False alarm everybody!
grin.gif

Looks like we are all safe (for now anyway) from the dreaded $22.68 a jug M1.
cheers.gif

Concord, NH Wal*Mart charging $4.77/QT for M1 but they have the 5QT jugs as well for $18.88. Target in Concord has M1 for $3.64/QT and both Wal*Mart and Sam's Club matched the $3.64/QT price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back