Walmart - Mobil 1 Ext Perf - 10w30 - 3 pack - $60

JonnyAbs

If you're in FL like your signature says, there is virtually no difference in start up viscosity between 5 and 10w/30. When it drops below 30 degrees, then your assertion would have merit.
Even then, they are so similar. Unless you are seeing temps below 0 F, then I think you are perfectly fine with synthetic 10w30.

If you're in FL like your signature says, there is virtually no difference in start up viscosity between 5 and 10w/30. When it drops below 30 degrees, then your assertion would have merit.
Not so much during the summer, but in the winter there is a significant difference in viscosity even above 30 degrees. I tend to run the proper spec according the the manufacturer so that means 0w20 for me. So I have no skin in the 5wXX vs 10wXX game.

JonnyAbs

Not so much during the summer, but in the winter there is a significant difference in viscosity even above 30 degrees. I tend to run the proper spec according the the manufacturer so that means 0w20 for me. So I have no skin in the 5wXX vs 10wXX game.
I've seen graphs for 5w20 vs 0w20 and they are also very similar across the board

No, there is not much difference in cold start viscosity between 5 and 10w-30 synthetic in above freezing temps at all. You do also realize your Honda K24 engine is specced for 10/15w-40 by Honda themselves in other nations down to freezing, correct? You can use 10w-30 in that engine in FL and it'd do better than any CAFE 20 weight, and I'm NOT in the "thicker is better" camp.

No, there is not much difference in cold start viscosity between 5 and 10w-30 synthetic in above freezing temps at all. You do also realize your Honda K24 engine is specced for 10/15w-40 by Honda themselves in other nations down to freezing, correct? You can use 10w-30 in that engine in FL and it'd do better than any CAFE 20 weight, and I'm NOT in the "thicker is better" camp.
Back when this car was built 0w20 was not available in every country, nor is the climate the same, or the driving style. Yes, I realize Honda specs various weights depending on the market. Since I live in the USA and my manual recommends 0w20, that is what I choose to use. I expect 300K+ miles without an oiling issue.