Walmart - Mobil 1 Ext Perf - 10w30 - 3 pack - $60

Items in title with link below is on a nice rollback. Also if you didn't do the m1 Rebate, extended performance jugs are $10 back instead of $8. So these 3 jugs could cost you only $40 before tax.

Not super thick for a 10w30. Viscosity as 40c is 62 and at 100c is 10.2. Fine for PA winters.

I also grabbed a few single quarts of maxlife atf since they are also on rollback for 4.47 a qt.

JonnyAbs

Do we like this oil??
Do you mean because this is the second thread about it? If so, yes I found out about it because of that, but it was locked, I think due to lack of details in the title and it started to get buried. I almost missed it and figured some people might still have rebates to use.

Otherwise, I think Mobil 1 Ext Perf is a great oil. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Do you mean because this is the second thread about it? If so, yes I found out about it because of that, but it was locked, I think due to lack of details in the title and it started to get buried. I almost missed it and figured some people might still have rebates to use.

Otherwise, I think Mobil 1 Ext Perf is a great oil. 🤷‍♂️
I thought it was a good question, if a little vague. I found a guy selling 4 containers of it on fb marketplace for $50. I tried looking up info about it but couldn’t find much. I know M1EP is good stuff but not much about this viscosity out there.

JonnyAbs

I thought it was a good question, if a little vague. I found a guy selling 4 containers of it on fb marketplace for $50. I tried looking up info about it but couldn’t find much. I know M1EP is good stuff but not much about this viscosity out there.
$12.50 a jug is a great deal. Maybe could have got him down to $40. 😉

If the seals on those Jugs hadn't been broken and they guy was a local I would have grabbed it!

4WD

$50 site donor 2023
Items in title with link below is on a nice rollback. Also if you didn't do the m1 Rebate, extended performance jugs are $10 back instead of $8. So these 3 jugs could cost you only $40 before tax.

Not super thick for a 10w30. Viscosity as 40c is 62 and at 100c is 10.2. Fine for PA winters.

I also grabbed a few single quarts of maxlife atf since they are also on rollback for 4.47 a qt.
Thanks - both the original and extended warranty will be done w/ my 5.3 L83 on 03-Oct ... So placed order for that stash ...
(no longer on 0W20) ... Should be fine for that motor ...

Its one of Mobils premium longlife oils. As long as you do not live in a very cold area seems like a good deal for those that do 10k+ oil changes.
Older engines ran just fine on 10w40 in the winter. Give it 30-40 seconds on startup, and don’t drive full throttle til the engine is warm. Absolutely no issues.

Remember, oil recommendations these days are all about full-life-cycle emissions & MPG so they are very thin at all temps. They don’t offer the best MOFT. I run 10w30 Valvoline premium blue 10w30 in my Subie whenever I feel with no worries.

The difference between the two is marginal. Synthetic 10w30 and 5w30 are basically interchangeable in most instances, as are synthetic 5w20 and 0w20. Their viscosity curves are typically so close.
Thicker oil at start up is generally not preferred, however I understand your point.