Walmart MC 10w30 Diesel Price up 35% locally

Diesel oil has been hard to find at the WM's near me. The other day I was buying this at $18.24 and it's now $24.48. I'm lucky to even find any 10w30 diesel in stock around me. My last OCI, I had to go with 15w40 because that's all they even had. Unfortunately I think this will get much worse before it gets better. Is everyone in other states having this problem at WM too?

Diesel oil has been hard to find at the WM's near me. The other day I was buying this at $18.24 and it's now $24.48. I'm lucky to even find any 10w30 diesel in stock around me. My last OCI, I had to go with 15w40 because that's all they even had. Unfortunately I think this will get much worse before it gets better. Is everyone in other states having this problem at WM too?
That's the same price as five gallons of fuel around here.

It's easy to blame inflation when a retailer makes a power move and capriciously raises prices.

Best thing is to stay with your thrifty side, stay strong, and buy only what you need. Certainly don't double down and buy now-expensive stuff thinking the sky is falling.

I just bought two bottles of Castrol GTX conventional 15w-40 at Home Depot for $10.99 each. But Rural King delivers if you really want 10w-30.

Last edited:
It's easy to blame inflation when a retailer makes a power move and capriciously raises prices.

Best thing is to stay with your thrifty side, stay strong, and buy only what you need. Certainly don't double down and buy now-expensive stuff thinking the sky is falling.
Unbelievably high inflation is fact, and it isn't the because of greedy oil companies or the Russian-Ukrainian War.

I stocked up late last summer, before prices went through the roof. I knew better.

I'm good for another year, minimum. Should have bought more methinks...

Now, I need to stock up on flour and store in my newly purchased, second chest freezer.

Last edited:
Back