Walmart has 80w90 Delo ESI gear oil....kinda

Hello,

I have seen several posts of old and recent asking where to buy Delo ESI gear oil. Walmart kinda has it. I say kinda since if you go to the Walmart site and search for delo esi gear oil, you will not find squat (nor in the stores). BUT, if you go a google search for delo esi and walmart, you will find this link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CV-DELO-ESI-80W-90/361645283

This is only available through the Walmart site via ship to home. A minimum $35 order is necessary for free shipping. I bought four quarts last week at $7.80 a piece + some other things to get to the $35 minimum. It looks like the price may have increased slightly. I think they do like Amazon and monitor the popularity of items and adjust price accordingly. I guess my order of four was enough to get their attention. LOL.

Enjoy.

That is a great product for differentials and industrial gear boxes, but will not let you shift gears in a manual transmission without a lot of trouble. The borate additive is relentless in not letting friction occur.

I sell a lot of product with that technology to industry, where it shows a 9 to 10% reduction in amps drawn, and temperatures reduced by about the same amount.

I disagree with you widman, certain applications borate technology works great in synchro transmissions. Most borate based oils like Delo Gear ESI still contain some sulfur, but at a very low concentration. High sulfur is bad for transmission synchrooperation. I have an older, but highly regarded English transmission with square cut gears that works better with Delo Gear ESI 85W140 than any Redline gear oil. My ultimate test is engaging 1st after a stop. Delo Gear ESI 85W140 is the only oil so far that completely eliminates grind and makes a perfect mesh. 1st is non-synchro. Nothing else has been able to do that (no grind) when cold to hot. As for the 3 synchro gears (2nd, 3rd and 4th) the synchros work perfectly gong up or down. Remember this is a tranny that calls for 140W and will not work well with something like MT90. I have tried it. Several other Redline oils do not work well either.

Reactions: Y_K
Hello,

I have seen several posts of old and recent asking where to buy Delo ESI gear oil. Walmart kinda has it. I say kinda since if you go to the Walmart site and search for delo esi gear oil, you will not find squat (nor in the stores). BUT, if you go a google search for delo esi and walmart, you will find this link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CV-DELO-ESI-80W-90/361645283

This is only available through the Walmart site via ship to home. A minimum $35 order is necessary for free shipping. I bought four quarts last week at $7.80 a piece + some other things to get to the $35 minimum. It looks like the price may have increased slightly. I think they do like Amazon and monitor the popularity of items and adjust price accordingly. I guess my order of four was enough to get their attention. LOL.

Enjoy.
I thought I just read something yesterday that WM was going to suspend the $35 amount over the Christmas season. I'll have to look into that again.

Changing my Dana axle fluids looking for the grey to go away. Rear axle dump today was Valvoline 85W140 and 1st time it looked normal … Filled with Delo ESI 80W90

FB8AB9C7-A8F2-4FAB-B4AC-6ADCB192C866.jpeg

Back