Walmart gas?

They built a new gas station at a Walmart in my area. First time I have seen Walmart gas. I hope it's top tier!

IMG_20220827_134432745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it Walmart or Murphy's ? Around here, all of the gas stations in WM parking lots are branded "Murphy's". Have never dug into the connection or if it's just an agreement/partnership.

WM isn't in the top tier program but in my experience, their gas is perfectly fine. Their stations are busier than **** so it's always fresh gas too.

Is it Walmart or Murphy's ? Around here, all of the gas stations in WM parking lots are branded "Murphy's". Have never dug into the connection or if it's just an agreement/partnership.

WM isn't in the top tier program but in my experience, their gas is perfectly fine. Their stations are busier than **** so it's always fresh gas too.

Murphy is crazy busy, always fresh gasoline.
I don’t care if gas I’m buying is not Top Tier.

Last edited:

LDB

I hope those are the testing numbers and not actual prices. We have one WM with and one WM without fuel nearby. We buy Kroger fuel and usually get $1 per gallon discount with our grocery points so it beats anything else around.

Everyone always implies that it's the "tax" that makes fuel higher in California but it's $0.54 compared to $0.385 in Ohio. Yeah, it's higher, but not dollars higher. Fuel here is $3.40-3.60/gallon currently.

Some WMs sell their own branded gas vs Murphy now.

I went to one once that was pandemonium... lines out to both the street and the parking lot. No clear in-out direction. And I was in my RV! By the time I got to a pump it was slower than death. All to save 25c a gallon. The good bit was the wife & kids made and ate sandwiches in the back during the wait.