Walmart February numbers = disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I enjoy over a 1/3 of my wages garnished in either health insurance and taxes. Then top it off 10% sales tax, gas tax, tax, tax, tax, and tax. Yet the federal government should bankrupt themselves because I could donate my entire check to the government but how our leaders are spending money the deficit would just continue to balloon.

Here is a idea lets quit spending money we do not have and get our house in order.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
But they are buying new vehicles in record numbers.

FALSE.

The numbers that the industry gives out are actually not cars sold but in fact cars
"shipped to dealers" .

This makes it look like sales are up but if you take time to visit your local dealer lots they are literally BULGING with new vehicles sitting unsold.

Great point. GM especially loves to do this to dealers, literally forcing more inventory into the dealer's lots.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Yeah I enjoy over a 1/3 of my wages garnished in either health insurance and taxes. Then top it off 10% sales tax, gas tax, tax, tax, tax, and tax. Yet the federal government should bankrupt themselves because I could donate my entire check to the government but how our leaders are spending money the deficit would just continue to balloon.

Here is a idea lets quit spending money we do not have and get our house in order.

I am in this camp as well. I don't mind paying taxes as i feel that is the duty of every citizen. But I despise the way the money is WASTED!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I am in this camp as well. I don't mind paying taxes as i feel that is the duty of every citizen. But I despise the way the money is WASTED!

01.gif

The deficit has gone down for quite a few months. It is the debt that is rising. A great bar bet by the way as most people especially those in bars, get the deficit and debt mixed up.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: itguy08

I think we should do away with all taxes, make SS an opt-in program you do at 18 or 21 and make a national tax on all purcahses. That way everyone has skin in the game and what you pay is directly porportional to what you spend. The poor buy cheap stuff and pay little. The middle buy average stuff and pay an average rate. The rich buy expensive stuff and pay a large rate.

But everyone would opt out so they could buy houses and the price of houses would just jump to meet that. The "landed" crowd who owns that property already would make out like bandits. Then in 50 years when those kids retire, they'll whine about making a mistake not opting in and get covered somehow anyway.

Though I agree on the consumption tax, there is a huge underground cash economy WRT labor and a consumption tax at easy chokepoints (fuel, for example, but not the only one) would catch those cheats.

As for Walmart, they need to remix it up. Most shoppers hate them but go there pragmatically, WM needs a 2nd honeymoon to rekindle the love. Every once in a while WM jerks the strings on staples (peanut butter, bread, soup, etc) to make an obscene profit and people usually put up with it, assuming inflation is at fault. This dismal first quarter shows that people are getting smarter to this game.

The President needs to stop scaring the public about all of the "pending financial disasters" and actually do some work.

Let us just put national sales tax on everything including real estate and see how fast the entire economy collapses!

My wife and I have not set foot into Walmart for 8 months now. We are mid - upper mid income. I take that back I bought salt softner salt there once in that time.

Amazon.com saves us lots of grief and has just as much customer service. Walmart.com also seems to be less expensive than the store. I purchased a car seat a year ago and found the price higher in store than listed on website. That sealed their fate with me.

NAFTA is my friend. It is the reason why I able to contract to a Canadian IT company now for 3 years. They needed nothing but an address to send my check not even a SS #.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back