Walmart dropping Motorcraft 5-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Walmart today and found they were out of Motorcraft 5-20 again. Then I looked closer and saw that instead of just being empty, the row of 5-20 had been replaced with 5-30 and the 5-20 price sticker on that area of the shelf was removed and replaced with a stiocker for 5-30. Only choice now is Penzoil 5-20.

I'd be very surprised if that were to happen since it is certainly one of their fast movers. Maybe their margin is higher on the Penzz than it is with the Motorcraft?

Mikep

I noticed the same at our WalMart except that all the 20-weights were gone.
confused.gif

Yeah I noticed that, and Chevron Supreme's shelf space is gone too.

M1 0W-40 and Shell Rotella T Syn 5W-40 have been absent for a while now but at least the shelf space is still there...

I was just at Walmart 30 minutes ago and mine had the 5w-20 Motorcraft, but had nothing by Chevron. Didn't notice the Mobil section, although they had maybe 6 quarts on shelf of the Rotella T.

Looks like either a rolling phase-out, or the warehouse just isn't doing their job.

ferb!

Selection varries by area, in MN, no one has Chevron. Motorcraft's warehouses are awful at keeping things in stock, it wouldn't be uncommon for them to be out at Walmart for a month.

-T

Ditto on the previous post. Once a type of oil runs out around here, it's generally going to be 2-6 weeks before a restock on anything besides Castrol, Valvoline, or Supertech.

For such a big behemoth, they do an AWFUL job at restocking things.

T-Keith- If you want to run Chevron products, try at Checker Auto Parts. They are the only place I find them locally. Otherwise, just use Texaco Havoline - essentially the same stuff now.

I've checked Checkers, without much luck. Is there more than 1 Havoline? I can usually find that.

thanks,
-Keith

In the midwest, TSC (Tractor Supply Corp. stores) carry Chevron - at least in MIchigan.

My local Walmart has a lot of Motorcraft 5W20.Chevron 10W30 usually dissapears quickly while the 10W40 hangs around.

quote:

Originally posted by quadrun1:
Yeah I noticed that, and Chevron Supreme's shelf space is gone too.

M1 0W-40 and Shell Rotella T Syn 5W-40 have been absent for a while now but at least the shelf space is still there...

Same here on the Rotella T 5W-40. Our local wally has been out for a few weeks, but more appeared last weekend. I think their inventory control leaves something to be desired...

Supply of specialty oils are usually worse, especially oil for diesels. They usually only have room for 12 on the shelf, and one diesel owner will take all of it.

-T

wal-mart is bad with stocking items. They shift and move stuff all the time. Nothing is EVER in the same spot on my weekly trips to wally-world.

If there is an empty space for any length of time they fill it with something you can't sell anything if the shelf is empty. Then the product that was suppose to be on the shelf will sit in the back room till another spot opens. I have seen this happen a few times at the wal-mart near my place. Might not be true with all wal-marts.

plenty of motorcraft oil of all weights including 5w20 at my local wally world, I have sen them run out of motorcraft oil before thou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back