Walmart dropping Motorcraft 5-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"actually it may be in the stockroom".

I've seen certain types of soda disappear for weeks on end only to be in the stockroom. Odd thing is Wal-Mart's inventory system may be so sophisticated that this will result in the item being discontinued from that store as a non-seller. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and in this case the link may be some shiftless eighteen year old stocker.

I bought a case of 5w-20 MC at Walmart recently. They had Shell, Chevron, M1, MC, and many others on the shelf.

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
I've checked Checkers, without much luck. Is there more than 1 Havoline? I can usually find that.

thanks,
-Keith

Used to be more than one Havoline - but that stock "should" have moved on by now.

If you want the good stuff, look on the back of the Havoline bottle. It should say something like "Made or Distributed by ChevronTexaco". The old, not quite as good stuff was labeled "Distributed by Equilon Enterprises".

Happy hunting! (And stay warm!)

quote:

If there is an empty space for any length of time they fill it with something you can't sell anything if the shelf is empty.

When I encounter this I like to move that wrong product back where it belongs. It leaves the gaping hole more evident. I think the tire & lube managers do their own ordering; the department seems to be an island that's it's own fiefdom sometimes. Leaving the slot open might catch another manager's attention and whips might start cracking... Just my opinion.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by eljefino:
When I encounter this I like to move that wrong product back where it belongs. It leaves the gaping hole more evident. I think the tire & lube managers do their own ordering; the department seems to be an island that's it's own fiefdom sometimes. Leaving the slot open might catch another manager's attention and whips might start cracking... Just my opinion.
smile.gif

I thought I was the only nutcase who helped straighten out their shelves
cheers.gif

Mikep

eljefino, your right, the Automotive section is ordered by the manager, not like the rest of the store. And yes sometimes they will put the wrong thing in an empty spot, but I don't think they are supposed to do this. Most of the oil in the wrong spot is caused by customers, that are too lazy to find the proper location. The other day I was picking up some oil and there was an apple pie in the Valvoline.
dunno.gif

I used to work at a Wal-mart TLE, while going to school.

-T

For stores without a TLE the automotive section is ordered by computer. Its a highly retarded system. That works horridly.. but it saves money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back