Walmart didnt ship the latest QS Euro 5W-40

Nice.

There is little difference between SN Plus and SP. I've got about 10 jugs of that stuff and only one is SP, I don't care. Either is very highly spec'd and suitable for a GDI engine.

SN is another story, but I've not seen an SN jug floating around for quite a while. Menards still has PP Euro (this stuff's near twin) sitting on the shelf in SN last time I looked though.
If I'm not mistaken Castrol 5w40 and 0w40 are still API SN.

Nice.

There is little difference between SN Plus and SP. I've got about 10 jugs of that stuff and only one is SP, I don't care. Either is very highly spec'd and suitable for a GDI engine.

SN is another story, but I've not seen an SN jug floating around for quite a while. Menards still has PP Euro (this stuff's near twin) sitting on the shelf in SN last time I looked though.

PP Euro L still is SN. That’s actually what I ran last change. But i dont like thats SN.

I abuse this truck. It sees sustained 240+F coolant temps routinely in the summer towing. Ive warped two sets of exhaust manifolds towing into 20+ mph headwinds on 95F+ days. Just want a stout oil.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken Castrol 5w40 and 0w40 are still API SN.
They are. I'm was fan of those but quit running them since I got the QS and a bargain price too, the SN+ and SP is much more GDI friendly which is what I've got nowadays.

Back