Walmart and Advanced Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the local Wallyworld this evening while my wife was next door grocery shopping.

I saw the Mobil 1 Truck/SUV 5W30 (yellow top) for $4.77. I had to add some to my collection. Delvac 1 is my favorite oil. I used to get it from the local distributor for $17 per gallon but they now run $25 per gallon. I know it is worth it but I don't like spending that much for oil. At $4.77 it is a no brainer.

I also spotted something I have never seen before. Walmart Supertech brand full synthetic 75W140 gear oil. It is in a Mobil 1 gear oil look alike bottle (silver with black writing). The price was $8.42 per quart. Any clue if this is PAO?

I also noticed that our Advanced Auto stores now carry Redline too. I doubt it will last. The three Advanced Auto stores in my area are all ghetto stores in really poor areas. The house brand oil is the biggest seller. I hope they can sell enough to keep it on the shelves.

They also had SI1 fuel injector cleaner. Now I have another option for getting this locally other than Perp Boys.

Hey Guys, haven't been around in a while, but I thought I might have something to contribute to this thread.

Just got back from Wally World myself, Supertech Full Synthetic motor oil, $9.50 5qt jug. They had 5w-30, and 10w-30. I didn't buy any cause I am just about oil poor, but I was tempted. If they still have it next week, I might pick up a couple a jugs of the 10w-30.

What do you guys think about ST full synthetic oil?

quote:

I also noticed that our Advanced Auto stores now carry Redline too. I doubt it will last. The three Advanced Auto stores in my area are all ghetto stores in really poor areas

Redline in the hood?
grin.gif
I think it will last, I hope. I went to Advance Auto today and they had all their viscosities except the 5w-40. I'm glad to see this oil on the shelf.
gr_stretch.gif

quote:

Originally posted by twentynine:

Just got back from Wally World myself, Supertech Full Synthetic motor oil, $9.50 5qt jug.

I bought some of that last week
smile.gif
I've got so much oil around I should open up a quick lube
smile.gif
It is $11.88 per jug in my area. At $11.88 or better yet $9.50 I wouldn't hesitate to use this oil. It probably wouldn't put it in a new C5 but for your average daily driver or beater I'm sure it is more than adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back