Walmark Canada tech2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big question, is this the same as SuperTech. U.S. oils were Tech 2000 until about four years ago. If they are SuperTech then the same data in the V.O.A. would apply. There's also a review of Tech 2000 group III U.O.A. in a Mazda I believe. It wasn't posted with a Tech 2000 heading so you'd have to search the body of the text. If I remember correctly the wear numbers were very good for a group III oil.

I have posted SuperTech specs. for their SJ oils on a number of occasions.

Just got of the phone. It took a while but I got the information. Tech2000 in Canada?s Wal-Mart is made by Petro-Canada. It?s their 100% synthetic oil(Passenger Car Motor Oils, Petro-Canada Synthetic). Repackaged by another company (Safety Clean) and sold as Tech2000 at Wal-Mart. What do you guys think about the quality of that oil. It sales for $22CAN for 4 L.
Here is the link to the info on the oil.
http://www.htlubricants.com/eng/prodserv/lubesgreases/6886.htm

Excellent forum. Lots of information. Thanks.

quote:

... It?s their 100% synthetic oil...

It would be a Group III synthetic. Petro Canada does not make or market any automotive oils that are composed or all or partial PAO basestocks.

I have been running the Walmart synthetic in my rearend and tranny for a year now. No problems yet.

Yes Howard you are right. It's Group III. I gues it's fine for the price they sell it for. Something else: It sais on the bottle it flows at -45 and the data sheet (the link I posted) sais -42. Unless they mean diferent things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back