Wallyworld updates their LOF website

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=495848

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=495846

Didn't know that they offered freebees, such as free battery, air filter, and wiper blade refill install. (Btw, my Toyota dealership did it for free...and only charged me $10 for three refills
grin.gif
)

I wonder what they mean by "Free Oil drain plug and plug gasket replacement."

That's an impressive list of services for the price:
quote:

15 Point Service*
Our technicians will:

• Add up to five quarts of oil
•Install new oil filter
•Lubricate chassis (when applicable)
•Vacuum interior
•Wash windshield exterior
• Inflate tires to proper pressure
and check tread depth
And fill:
•Transmission fluid
•Washer fluid
•Power steering fluid
•Differential fluid
And check:
•Electronic battery performance
•Air filter (except vans)
•Wiper blades
•Headlights
•Signal, brake and tail lights

I wouldn't want a Wally World "Tech" touching most of that on my vehicles though.

Here's the problem with that list:

•Add up to five quarts of oil
(Always 5 quarts, never check the dipstick)

•Install new oil filter
(Too tight and with a double O-ring to leak)

•Lubricate chassis (when applicable)
(overfill each bushing, pump til she pops)

•Vacuum interior
(Steal any money found)

•Wash windshield exterior
(Smear bugs)

• Inflate tires to proper pressure
and check tread depth
(40psi for everybody!!)

And fill:
•Transmission fluid (overfill)
•Washer fluid (water it down)
•Power steering fluid (overfill)
•Differential fluid (forget this one usually)
And check:
•Electronic battery performance (it cranks right?)
•Air filter (except vans) (You need one every 3k right?)
•Wiper blades (I tore one, now you must buy 2)
•Headlights (they work)
•Signal, brake and tail lights (Blinker fluid replacement adviseable)

Hence, I dont take my car to wallyworld.

The "Checks" in these services are a joke. I brought my wifes Xterra in last year for it's 30k mile service to the dealership. The "Check" list showed that they checked the in cabin air filters. Well, I checked them when I got home, and they were the original ones- full of bugs, leaves, acorns. I marched right down to the dealer and showed him the filters. He gave me two new ones for free, ripped the "mechanic" a new ***hole in front of everyone in the waiting area, and make him install them right then and there in front of me.

Battery Services

"NOCO Treatment $3.00"

Whats that?
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Jeepster_nut:
The "Checks" in these services are a joke.

Reminds me of a nissan commercial i heard on the radio. Something about a 200 or 250 point inspection on all used cars. Yeah, right.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:
Battery Services

"NOCO Treatment $3.00"

Whats that?
dunno.gif

quote:

Reminds me of a nissan commercial i heard on the radio. Something about a 200 or 250 point inspection on all used cars. Yeah, right.
rolleyes.gif

It's true. They have 200 or 250 people look at their used cars before anyone buys one.

Just like the movie Used Cars. "No, it wasn't a taxi. Yellow primer is very common these days." or "A Mile of Cars!"
grin.gif

My WM TLE takes good care of me and does good work. I caught them at a good time, not busy and they did M&B + disposal of 2 tires for me, with new valve stems and and a rotation. Total charge = $9. I guess they like the endless oil lectures I give. (rolls eyes)

quote:

I guess they like the endless oil lectures I give.

The last time I walked into a Jiffy Lube, the guy and I got into a discussion about GM intake manifold gaskets, as a 05 Equinox was in the bay. Eventually, either he got busy, became uninterested, or a combination of both, and told me to step out of the bay.
lol.gif

quote:

the $5 tip I normally give also makes a difference.

What a generous guy. Almost like the people I know, who buy donuts and coffee for their dealership service advisors.

Adv people don't seem to "get it" that a tip is what distinguishes you from the crowd. A coupla days later I had a valve stem issue on my other car, they took it in and they put a new valve stem in without me even checking in at the service desk.

What might have happened with the tech asking you out of the bay is the manager showing up???

Actually, the manager was there the entire time. He didn't seem to be paying attention to us.

For some reason, I asked him about stocking bulk 5w-20 and he gave me a strange look. Thereafter, he kept asking me if I worked for a competing shop.
rolleyes.gif

I could do a 200 point inspection:

Every lugnut counts as a point.

So does every filament of every exterior bulb... Every gear the transmission shifts through, every spark plug that fires correctly.

Sure adds up quick.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:
Battery Services

"NOCO Treatment $3.00"

Whats that?
dunno.gif

quote:

rolleyes.gif

It's true. They have 200 or 250 people look at their used cars before anyone buys one.

Just like the movie Used Cars. "No, it wasn't a taxi. Yellow primer is very common these days." or "A Mile of Cars!"
grin.gif

"A rabbit's foot is no protection against a red car. Red cars are Bad Luck and Trouble." Cool movie.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back