Wall Street Journal worldwide EV test.

The Wall Street Journal tests multiple cars in multiple countries. They also report the manufacturer's responses. It is no surprise that China seems to lead in available charging stations. It was also surprising to learn just how expensive some chargers were.

Quite simply, they did a great job on the 26 minute video.

Not ready for prime time, the manufacturers know it, the Government knows it, the green nut jobs know it but they all insist pushing this aweful crap down our throats. It is disgraceful.
I am nit sure anyone is pushing it. Plenty ICE available.
EV’s won’t be ready for prime time unless they start “mingling “ with rest of the crowd.

Not ready for prime time, the manufacturers know it, the Government knows it, the green nut jobs know it but they all insist pushing this aweful crap down our throats. It is disgraceful.
Depends on who's prime time we are talking about. No vehicle works for everyone.
I love my old Tundra pickup, my Model 3 and my 4-4-2. Each for their own reason.

EV‘s will be the dominant form of transportation one day, but not today. Not tomorrow, or next week, or this decade but they will get there. The powers that be are chomping at the bit to make it happen yesterday but a lot has to happen before EV’s become mainstream. The aforementioned powers that be are willing to have the peasant’s suffer as much as possible to make it happen come he!! or high water and all the while virtue signaling from inside the beltway or their mansions bought on a 150K per year government salary! :sneaky:When an EV costs less than 30K, I can charge it in an hour, and a charge is good for 1,000 miles, call me.

I am nit sure anyone is pushing it. Plenty ICE available.
EV’s won’t be ready for prime time unless they start “mingling “ with rest of the crowd.
Just a couple of weeks ago I heard ESJ whispering "buy an ev and save $80 a month". What sort of fuzzy math is that?

Sorry what is the reason WSJ is doing this review? Are you sure they aren't doing a smear campaign for pump and dump?

Last time I heard there was a journalist (not sure if it is WSJ but definitely not an auto magazine) doing a review on EV, I think it was Tesla, that intentionally run to empty then call a tow truck. The manufacturer pull the data log from the car and show the world that this journalist intentionlly drive in circle after the final warning to run it down to empty, for like 30 mins or more.

That journalist wasn't fired, the media never pull the article or apologize for this.

China hasn't had 70 years of wars without profit draining the $$$ from the nation.
They also haven't been printing $ and have the rest of the world pay for 1/2 of them being inflated away, and they have their own real estate bubble to deflate. If anyone in the world can print unlimited debt and have the rest of the world pay for it, it would be the US.

Big reason for them going after EV: 1) They want to catch up without the knowhow on combustion engine, 2) they don't have their own oil like US / Russia do, and they aren't trusting either US or Russia completely for oil import. 3) They don't have the redtape like US / Western Europe in building nuke, so they can just use nuke to power the EVs.

Just read the article. Wrong EV and wrong charging network for that trip.
Let's be honest, the only one that did well in that entire test was the Tesla. Great charging network, adequate fast charging, acceptable performance.

All of the other manufacturers struggled. Some worse than others.

None of this will be fixed anytime soon. As EV's become ever more popular, the charging station issue will become ever worse.

Add in the huge jump in electric rates, with some areas seeing 70% increases, and,,,,

EV‘s will be the dominant form of transportation one day, but not today. Not tomorrow, or next week, or this decade but they will get there. The powers that be are chomping at the bit to make it happen yesterday but a lot has to happen before EV’s become mainstream. The aforementioned powers that be are willing to have the peasant’s suffer as much as possible to make it happen come he!! or high water and all the while virtue signaling from inside the beltway or their mansions bought on a 150K per year government salary! :sneaky:When an EV costs less than 30K, I can charge it in an hour, and a charge is good for 1,000 miles, call me.
As well as being safe enough to not require a nitro funny car fire suppression system!

The main problem with EVs, to me, is that they are still contributing to the overcrowded streets and highways and they are still driven by poorly skilled drivers who don't pay attention to the task at hand. Assuming they get past the issues of inadequate lithium and nickel supplies and outdated power grids there's still that pesky issue of "traffic is traffic" and is on the rise sharply in areas like mine - DFW.

The main problem with EVs, to me, is that they are still contributing to the overcrowded streets and highways and they are still driven by poorly skilled drivers who don't pay attention to the task at hand. Assuming they get past the issues of inadequate lithium and nickel supplies and outdated power grids there's still that pesky issue of "traffic is traffic" and is on the rise sharply in areas like mine - DFW.
So, does that mean if you purchase certain vehicle makes you expert driver?
What vehicle is that?

Not enough manufacturers followed Toyota and Honda to a lesser degree in Hybrid development as a bridge to EV. Doing so may have given everyone, including governments more time to establish clearer infrastructure plans instead of this current wild west atmosphere.

Reactions: KJH
Technology Connections recently made a video detailing his trip from Chicago to Orlando and back in an EV. Yes, there are still many hurdles, but he accomplished his goal much easier than he thought possible. I look forward to his follow-up video on current EV tech.

Not enough manufacturers followed Toyota and Honda to a lesser degree in Hybrid development as a bridge to EV. Doing so may have given everyone, including governments more time to establish clearer infrastructure plans instead of this current wild west atmosphere.

If the demand is there the major oil companies would be installing chargers at their stations. But that is easier said than done as dropping a new power supply takes time.

The USA is a big country. Hybrids are the way to go. Save the EVs for city use. There are lots of opportunities for EVs to flourish. Municipal fleets, postal delivery, etc. We haven’t seen those yet.

Back