Walked into someone's garage and was greeted with this beastly monster.

Doing some maintenance on a property and walked into the garage. Brand spanking new and even still has the stickers on it. I'm thinking it's probably going to be a Christmas present for someone. I can't imagine a car like this being delivered and not romped on right away. LOL

Didn't have time to get good shots, and only had my old iphone with me. I like the interior peanut butter color. I was also terrified on touching it, so no shots from inside. This car is worth more than I make in 4 years of wages. haha :)

To be honest though, it's not as cool looking in person as it is in photos and videos. I think the modded Porsche GT3 that was here before was a far better looking car.

pezQVri.jpg

Z5Cx2Oy.jpg

ZNTp9Us.jpg

j0wT1ri.jpg
Have they figured out a fix for the recall??

The lift is for the front to make sure it doesn't hit the ground when parking or driving over potholes. The Porsche GT3 has the same system because the front is too low to clear many obstacles. The cool thing about the Corvette though, is that is can remember that locations of where it needs to lift by GPS and does it automatically. If you have a steep transition to the home driveway, it will be lifted automatically every time you get home or head out. Neat feature.

until it breaks.

I think the colors inside and out are actually kind of interesting. They’re different. Better than that matte brown Toyota uses on their trd Tacoma.

I do like the old school color options for cars though.

Don't feel bad. I honestly DO NEED a better paying job. LOL

I used to be a video game designer and would be making good money today if I could still work at a desk for 40+ hours a week. I was working on top-tier AAA games for major studios, which was awesome.
What games did you work on? I like to follow the industry. Cyberpunk is going to bankrupt CD Projekt Red, hopefully GOG stays alive.

Hard no on the color, red, blue, yellow for vettes.
Dayummmm. Zeus Bronze metallic is my favorite color on the new Vette. I gravitate toward unobtrusive colors on my cars, so as not to attract attention.
My Camaro is Light Pewter metallic. I think it's beautiful.

A lot of people would be put off of that color, and at first glance, it wouldn’t be my first choice for this car.

But as someone whose first V8 Camaro was a 1984 Berlinetta in what was called “Dark Gold Metallic” (it was BROWN!), it would grow on me... and after a second glance at this for me - I’d definitely drive it. 😎

I totally dig the technology that goes into these cars but I cannot get into the looks. IMHO, The Vettes from around 2000 were beautiful.
Love the C3s too.

Doing some maintenance on a property and walked into the garage. Brand spanking new and even still has the stickers on it. I'm thinking it's probably going to be a Christmas present for someone. I can't imagine a car like this being delivered and not romped on right away. LOL

Didn't have time to get good shots, and only had my old iphone with me. I like the interior peanut butter color. I was also terrified on touching it, so no shots from inside. This car is worth more than I make in 4 years of wages. haha :)

To be honest though, it's not as cool looking in person as it is in photos and videos. I think the modded Porsche GT3 that was here before was a far better looking car.

pezQVri.jpg

Z5Cx2Oy.jpg

ZNTp9Us.jpg

j0wT1ri.jpg
That price though..

They are still tossing up about bringing a factory RHD version of this to us here in Australia..the word is it'll be around $160,000USD..

Last edited:
What games did you work on? I like to follow the industry. Cyberpunk is going to bankrupt CD Projekt Red, hopefully GOG stays alive.
Shadow of Mordor was the last one I had any part in.

I seen one in the Harbor Freight parking lot, at first I thought it was a Ferrari. The interior is kinda funky, the engine bay is sexy

Attachments

• BF6BD08F-FE98-49DA-A773-9CFD9586643E.jpeg
    BF6BD08F-FE98-49DA-A773-9CFD9586643E.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 13
I finally saw one in person the other day, parked so I could get a good look at it from a walk-around. It was worse than the photos. If you gave a 6th grader a fairly simple design program and a computer and told him to draw a sports car, a new Corvette would be a pretty close copy. I know from a performance standpoint they are pretty impressive but I have very little confidence that they will have good long term reliability records.

Remember the hideous Stutz Bearcats from the 1980's that attempted to use every possible styling cue from a classic 1930's car but ended up looking like a Pontiac Grand Prix pimpmobile ? It's like the same designers wanted to make sure that every "race car" styling feature was used for the new Corvette.

As far as a microfiber covered steering wheel, or Alcantara as some manufacturers are offering, who ever thought that was a good idea ? And for $595 ? What do you think one of those is going to look like after a few years, unless the drivers wear white cotton gloves while driving ?

Saw a black one in person the other day... I really like it. The C7 is still by far the best looking Corvette they’ve made yet though.

Reactions: JC1
Back