Walked into someone's garage and was greeted with this beastly monster.

It may just be camera effect, but for me, the circled portion of this car looks like doo doo. I've only seen them from behind or coming right at me on the road, so I can't say for sure they really look this bad in person, but for me, the rear quarter needs a re-do.....and remove that color from the palette.

Vette.jpg

It may just be camera effect, but for me, the circled portion of this car looks like doo doo. I've only seen them from behind or coming right at me on the road, so I can't say for sure they really look this bad in person, but for me, the rear quarter needs a re-do.....and remove that color from the palette.

View attachment 38613
That one is the worst, but personally I think all of the black grills, whether actually functional or just for looks, are ugly...I much prefer the smooth look of the C5 and C6 over the gaudy looking C7 and C8...

I'm in the extreme minority. I actually love the C3 "balls and shaft" design the most. Probably because they were in style when I was a kid. Not that anything in the late 70's or early 80's had much style though, to be fair. :giggle:

For some reason, it was always the douchiest guys with mullets and acid wash jean jackets that drove those things totally aggro everywhere they went. LOL While I loved the cars, I hated the attitude they attracted. Later Corvette owners were a much more well-behaved bunch, IMO. Something about the C3 was just totally in the realm of douchemobile.

I'm in the extreme minority. I actually love the C3 "balls and shaft" design the most. Probably because they were in style when I was a kid. Not that anything in the late 70's or early 80's had much style though, to be fair. :giggle:

For some reason, it was always the douchiest guys with mullets and acid wash jean jackets that drove those things totally aggro everywhere they went. LOL While I loved the cars, I hated the attitude they attracted. Later Corvette owners were a much more well-behaved bunch, IMO. Something about the C3 was just totally in the realm of douchemobile.
C3 will always be beautiful to me. If you can pry the Armani-spectacled, gold-chain-wearing, shirt-unbuttoned-to-the-naval, rug-wearing DB from behind the wheel, they're even more beautiful.

Looks good.

Brand new C8 Corvette... I agree, they look almost slightly weird in person?

I think it looks more like a McLaren than anything else, its proportions look weird to me especially when you see it up close. Looks small too.
I think they look beautiful in person. They basically look more like an Italian sportscar than a Ferrari does now. The only one I saw in real life was a red one that was parked, absolute stunner. I liked it better than the new NSX I saw for sure, too.

I think they look beautiful in person. They basically look more like an Italian sportscar than a Ferrari does now. The only one I saw in real life was a red one that was parked, absolute stunner. I liked it better than the new NSX I saw for sure, too.
Well the NSX just sucks now, have not seen ONE SINGLE ONE on the road and.. yeah, no.

I also reluctantly admit that I'm not sure
Won't show any Mercy on the internet outside like flaky who's going to lick the steak juice right now good girl
I'm not sure I like Ferrari a lot anymore
But yeah it's like OK

Well the NSX just sucks now, have not seen ONE SINGLE ONE on the road and.. yeah, no.

I also reluctantly admit that I'm not sure
Won't show any Mercy on the internet outside like flaky who's going to lick the steak juice right now good girl
I'm not sure I like Ferrari a lot anymore
But yeah it's like OK
They're not bad, but they're not like the old NSX. They kinda just look sort of generic now, which is weird to say. I could dig up a picture of one I took IRL later if you want.

The new NSX does look a bit strange. It somehow looks extreme, yet boringly conservative at the same time. :)

Jeff: it’s going to need your front motors … a lift kit and 4 BFG mud terrains for me to buy one …
A BroDozer C8 Corvette with 2 Tesla motors driving the front wheels? Blaring Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers Band? And Willie?
Awesome-sauce!

Reactions: 4WD
I finally saw one in person the other day, parked so I could get a good look at it from a walk-around. It was worse than the photos. If you gave a 6th grader a fairly simple design program and a computer and told him to draw a sports car, a new Corvette would be a pretty close copy. I know from a performance standpoint they are pretty impressive but I have very little confidence that they will have good long term reliability records.

Remember the hideous Stutz Bearcats from the 1980's that attempted to use every possible styling cue from a classic 1930's car but ended up looking like a Pontiac Grand Prix pimpmobile ? It's like the same designers wanted to make sure that every "race car" styling feature was used for the new Corvette.

As far as a microfiber covered steering wheel, or Alcantara as some manufacturers are offering, who ever thought that was a good idea ? And for $595 ? What do you think one of those is going to look like after a few years, unless the drivers wear white cotton gloves while driving ?
Regarding the Alcantara material... my Nismo Juke is all Alcantara from seat material to door panels, even the steering wheel and I like it far better than any material in any car I've owned. Personally have never really liked most cloth interiors and can't stand leather at all, but the Alcantara has a great look, feel and has held up nicely for over 7 yrs of daily use. So I'm definitely one that thinks it's a great idea and although I have no intention of changing vehicles if I ever need to I would pretty much have to look for something with an Alcantara interior.

Back