Walked into someone's garage and was greeted with this beastly monster.

Dealer: “We got you a C8, finally!” Buyer: “Cool, what color is it?” Dealer: “Its uh...well...a C8.”

That's been what I've seen in reviews. Drives great especially considering the price, which is quite low for a mid-engine rocket. I don't think there is any other new mid-engine sports car anywhere close to this price is there?
There is nothing even remotely close for the money. Near freezing and all season tires.

Attachments

• 13E88C51-7A5C-4A20-AA87-D639DAA1C34C.jpeg
    13E88C51-7A5C-4A20-AA87-D639DAA1C34C.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 37
Saw one on the north side of the GG Bridge in Marin, going the other way. Silver with a fat stripe down the middle.
Drop dead gorgeous. Insanely gorgeous.

... walked into the garage. Brand spanking new and even still has the stickers on it. I'm thinking it's probably going to be a Christmas present for someone. I can't imagine a car like this being delivered and not romped on right away. LOL
I've seen a couple in person on the street lately, and they look much better than I expected from all the photos.
Still doesn't make me a 'Vette fan personally, but it's a great performing & looking car.

I do like these, but I cannot be the only one that thinks this looks like GM took an Evora and added sharp creases??
There's some resemblance, maybe cousins second removed. But the Vette is bigger and quite a bit heavier than an Evora.

Are people turned off by the interior color being brown or do they think the exterior has a brown tint?

The paint on the outside is a gunmetal type of gray. There is no brown tint or pigment to the exterior. It's a white balance issue due to the outdoor sunlight mixing with the inside lighting. If you look at the specular highlights on the back, you can see they are not brown due to being mostly lit from outdoors. The front is being lit from inside the garage and show a different tint in the specular highlights due to the lighting.

Some people might see a brown Corvette, whiles others might be seeing a blue dress. ;)

I believe that is a pewter metallic color, not brown lol. I love what GM has done with Corvette performance. The C7 took the FR layout as far as it could go in a consumer-grade sports car. Mid-engine was the next logical step for better performance and I'm glad they finally had the guts to do it. And as if the C7 wasn't fighter-jet enough... the C8 styling is really over the top! I just prefer a more classic styling, hence the C4 in my garage. I can't wait to see the souped-up versions of the C8, they are gonna be mind-blowing. Can't get better bang for the buck anywhere. Maybe the C8 fit and finish is *still* not on the same level as Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, etc. But at $60k base price I don't think you can expect it to be there either. All this being said, I would still prefer a C7 Grand Sport over the new C8. Just my personal taste. Thanks for the story and the pics :D

I know I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I think Chevy ruined the looks of the Vette. It now looks like a copy of a foreign exotic. Gone are all of the cosmetic accents that made the car instantly recognizable as a Corvette. IMO, the Vette's looks have been going downhill since the C5. I know the performance keeps getting better, but the looks are gone...

I just enjoy the sportscar I have, more. A lot more power, and a 6-speed manual.
I'm curious to know what you have that has a lot more power. I know stock Vettes aren't the fastest cars on the road, but they're not exactly a slouch either...

It's Zeus Bronze Metallic.

I was wrong about the color not having "any" golden color to it. It's not quite brown, which is being exasperated by the poor whitebalance and the garage lights having a warm color temp. Out in the sun, the car is 95% metallic looking and has a slight bronze tint in the highlights. I could get a better shot of it if it is parked outdoors and I had my Sony camera for getting RAW files and making sure the white balance is correct.

Here's an online shot someone else took of the color. This is far more accurate than my garage shot.

IAkXIfC.jpg

I know I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I think Chevy ruined the looks of the Vette. It now looks like a copy of a foreign exotic. Gone are all of the cosmetic accents that made the car instantly recognizable as a Corvette. IMO, the Vette's looks have been going downhill since the C5. I know the performance keeps getting better, but the looks are gone...
Hasn't this always been the case? The C5 looks far different than a C1.

Corvettes have always been attention getters, IMO. Seems logical that the new ones would one-up the older ones in grabbing attention on the road. :) Plus, there's no denying the benefits of having a mid-engine vs front. Plus, mid-engine cars get huge amounts of attention from people looking into the engine bay.

Back