wal mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to 3 walmarts in my area and they do not have the mobil7500 any more.They said there not stocking it no longer.they have a lot of 5000 though.Wonder whats up?

Their buyers are idiots and it seems they don't listen to the customers when it comes to requested stock items.

I asked to have 5W-30 Super Tech stocked a while back and was told, :durn ner impossible, it's what the buyers and marketing determine the store needs are".

Local W/M has a small amount of 7500. Now have M1 5W20 and 5W30 T&SUV, no 5W40 T&SUV though. Also have ST syn 5W30 in quarts, no jugs yet. No ST HM yet.

Individual WallyWorld department managers have considerable leeway about stocking. On the flipside, whether these people stay, move up, or move down the corporate food chain is wholly dependent on how their departments' balance sheets look. They play to what SELLS, regardless of brand. In the absense of unforeseen supply problems, if Mobil Clean 7500 or SuperTech oil filters, for instance, aren't being restocked, it's because they weren't moving at a sufficient pace to justify their shelf space.

i know what you mean, i can't the 7500 at the walmart here either

can only find it at advanced and their prices are insane.

Yep, your Walmart ain't gonna stock it unless someone's a buyin' it. Just because you would buy it doesn't mean every one else in a 30 mile radius would buy it. You might as well get used to the fact Walmart is only gonna stock what sells in volume. Sounds like Mobil 7500 is just not in demand in your area.

Hi

Out of 5 wallys, only one has any 7500, and that is down to 4 qts on the clearance shelf.

No prices on the shelf or oil, and its either 10w-30 or the 5w-20.

M1 selection keeps on growing though.

I went yesterday and they had mobil1 jugs everywhere . Lots of 5000 there too. Went over to AZ and they had plenty of mobil7500 there at 3.29 a qt.about .50 cents higher than wallmart.

Well good question.I have a new truck and breaking it in on syn blend before going full syn.I plan on useing Mobil products in this one.If the 7500 showes very good results when I do sample in the future I might run this instead of the full syn.This is my starting point.So far the 7500 is working very good ,quite startup running smooth and no useage.

Just got back from our local Wal-Mart and they have stopped carrying the 7500. No more tock tags for it to go. Confirmed with the clerk and his stock shelf book.

They have 5000 in 5-20, 5-30, 10-30 for $1.98 qt.

Mobil one in 5w30, 10w30 for $5.58 qt and $21.22 for 5 qt jug.

Mobil 1 EP for $27.44 5 qt only! They did not have space for the single quarts.

Pennzoil dino was $2.23 single and $9.97 for 5qt.

Castrol was same for the GTX. Syntec Blend is $13.22 for 5 qt jug.

QS was $8.47 for 5 qt jugs

Havoline was $8.38 5 qt jugs

SuperTech was $6.38 5 qt jugs

Trop Artic was $1.48 qt

Also no more Motorcraft.

He said that each Wal-Mart is going to stock what sells and each store may have different stock.

Asked him what is the biggest seller. Supertech, Pennzoil, Castrol and QS in that order. Havoline was next. Slowest is Mobil products and Valvoine.

It would be interesting to be able to track other areas and see what their selling of brands is..
confused.gif

Also the Blue windsheild fluid that is good to -20 below went up to $1.07! 2 weeks ago it was .94 cents.. (glad there is no inflation... Or at least when I got my raise this last month that is what the boss said...
rolleyes.gif
)

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Bill, go to Walmart on Sunday or Monday and you will see which oils sell. Around here the Castrol, Pennzoil, Supertech, and for some reason only the 5w30 Mobil 1 is emptied all the other Mobil 1 sits there, have cleared shelves. All the other oils are still in stock, I imagine the other brands sell because thats all thats availbe from the others being cleared first.

We need stores that sell nothing but oil, filters & related items grease etc. Now that would be awesome.
fruit.gif

My local walmart just got in pennzoil platinum, syntec, Mobil 1(not ep) in 5 quart jugs,(for $20.97, good deal) they also have supertech 5w30 synthetic 5 qt jugs in stock for $13, also the new supertech high mileage stuff which is the same price as their regular oil when bought in 5qt jugs.(both $6.48) Also Qstate full syn and 4x4. Qstate fullsyn is only 4 dollars per quart too, pretty good price, I believe it is POE like PP.

Just a note, I went to walmart.com and wrote them through there that my local walmarts oil selection was lacking compared to other walmarts, 3 weeks later they have all this new oil, stuff they havent even carried in the 9 months I have lived here.
I think it is probably just a coincidence though as I have noticed other people mentioning more oil stock recently.

No mobil 7500 though. If you want 7500, just mix 1/3 Mobil 1EP to 2/3 mobil 5000.(Costs about $1.50-4 dollars more compared to $2.75qt mobil 7500) Thats what I would do anyway. Just don't have the peice of mind of a 7500 mile guarantee.
nono.gif
rolleyes.gif

[ February 26, 2006, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Schism ]

quote:

"Just a note, I went to walmart.com and wrote them through there that my local walmarts oil selection was lacking compared to other walmarts, 3 weeks later they have all this new oil, stuff they havent even carried in the 9 months I have lived here.
I think it is probably just a coincidence though as I have noticed other people mentioning more oil stock recently."

I think it's all you Schism.... probably scared them half to death. LOL
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back