wal mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got home from wal mart. i go early to avoid the crowds. anyway, they had the 5 qt jugs of pennzoil, quaker state, and valvoline conventional oils on sale for $6.88 each. the castrol gtx was a dollar more at $7.88. no sign of chevron supreme. plenty of supertech oils and filters still there. also, even though they still had a few motorcraft filters, i didn't see any of the oil.also, if i'm not mistaken, there was 5 qt jugs of syntec blend for around $9 and some change. this was in virginia beach va. penz

[ October 19, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: penzdude ]

My Wal*Mart has every oil mentioned here stocked at all times, excluding what the Canadian guys get at their Wal*Mart. Delvac 1, eh? No 5w-40s either except Rotella Syn.

at least here in tidewater va, the motorcraft oils and filters are getting to be slim pickins. also, it looks like the chevron is becoming scarce as well. they still had some super tech oil and filters, but it was fram city! plenty of pennzoil long life 15-40 for the mixed fleet people, as well as some super tech 15-40. bought a few super tech 3600's for the wifes aerostar. the only chevron oil i saw was 1 or 2 jugs of delo 15-30, looking lonely.

that should have been delo 15-40 not 30. sorry about that. i didn't see any texaco havoline at all.
dunno.gif

penzdude,

I have the same problem at WalMart here in Cincinnati. No Chevron supreme 5w-30 at all, not even a shelf tag for it. They had all the 10w-30 and 10w-40 you wanted. According to the manager, they are no longer stocking the Chevron 5w-30.

They had no Halvoline either. Very limited supply of Mobil 1. Had Castrol products out the wazoo. I guess for my "preferred" dino oil I'm going to have to switch to Pennzoil 5w-30.

I've talked to their automotive dept managers in a couple of stores. Each store orders what they think will sell or want to sell. If the local manager believes in one grade or brand, he will mainly carry that. If he personally doesn't like something, he doesn't order it.

Bought a jug of Dello 400 since last post, what the heck. I need some oil on hand for topping ~other~ people's cars, my $1 SuperFlow Semi-Syn stash went to flush out my friend's dying car. I usually try to add nice heavy oil, I figure Dello 15w-40 uses a generally heavy base and is additive-packed. Sounds more like a breakfast cereal. Anyway, it came out to $1.55 quart in a nicely shaped 4q jug.

Long story, but Saturday I changed the oil on my church's van and my wife's car. Get to Wally-World and there's no M1 5w-30 but dozens of jugs of 15w-40 or 50, I forget. Who uses that weight for anything? Got a jug of Pennzoil on sale for the van and ended up at K-Mart for the M1...quarts and I paid a little more but no time or inclination to drive farther to another Wal-Mart.
banghead.gif
First time in history that K-Mart had something that Wal-Mart didn't.[/rant]

[ October 20, 2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: JohnnyO ]

Wally seems to be playing games with their M1 prices.
Come on now, isn't a $4.00 price raise in the last year a bit much?!
mad.gif
confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I wonder if Wally's will eventually just stock Havoline or Chevron Supreme, but not both?

My local Walmart stocks both Havoline (larger display) and Chevron Supreme (one bottle wide each of 5W30 and 10W40). They also stock the Rotella 5W40 and many that others state are not at theirs.

When I looked at my Wally's last week they wanted over $8 for the 5 quart Pennzoil. I am not sure I want to pay that sort of a premium just to get the same dino I have always used. The question is, what do they have cheaper that I can count being able to find reasonable somewhere the next time? If I switch to something cheaper then Pennzoil, I want it to be something I can stick to. I am not getting into ''whatever is on sell at the time''. I would hate to switch to Havoline and end up my next oil change paying more for it somewhere than what I can get Pennzoil for at Wally's.

I will be out of town this week some. Maybe I will make it by a different Wally's if not Pep Boys'.

quote:

Originally posted by Swift:
Wally seems to be playing games with their M1 prices.
Come on now, isn't a $4.00 price raise in the last year a bit much?!

cool.gif
Locally they're back down a little. I bought Valvoline Synthetic in January for my mom's car, $4 less for 5 qts. than Mobil 1 and I need two jugs for her Caddy, it holds 7.5 qts. Historically, the M1 was actually a little cheaper than the Valvo. Now the M1 is back down to $19.96 last I looked and Valvo was about the same.

We have 2 Wal mart's in out town, about 10 miles apart. One has Texaco@$1.25, Pennzoil @ $1.75, and M1 @ $4.79,(all 5w-30 )
The other has Texaco @ $1.25, Pennzoil @ $1.26 abd M1 @ $3.65
m1 is cheaper in the quarts.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I wonder if Wally's will eventually just stock Havoline or Chevron Supreme, but not both?

Mine have both plus ST, Castrol, Mobil, Shell, Genuine, QS, Motorcraft and maybe another 1 or 2 brands. That's to include the repective brands disel versions. No GC or the Delvac/T&SUV oil yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back