Wal-Mart Super Tech. SAE 30 LM Oil Being Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
While searching on Google I see Wal-Mart is discontinuing 30W Super Tech mower oil.

I still see the more expensive B&S oil is still available.

I wonder what will replace the 30W ST and if other ST oils will also be discontinued in the near future?

You can still buy it in the quarts at my Walmart.
ST oils aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Walmart has a nice profit margin on their brand vs the other brands.

Kind of redundant to offer a "mower" oil, and also offer an hd 30. On a typical push mower a quart of supertech hd 30 is two oil changes. Mower oils, in my opinion, are marketing. The little bottles of mower oil were rather costly for what, 15-16 oz of oil? Most people are probably just buying the hd 30 and calling it a day, hence the discontinuation of the mower oil.

Foolish move if they do this, IMO. I know Canadian Tire up here can't keep bottles of their house brand 'mower' oil on the shelf.

So many people need it to say 'mower oil' to buy it, and they sell thousands of bottles a year.

API-SN rated 30W oil is still available in quart bottles.

The word "mower" will be missing from the label.
.........................That costs $2 extra.

The Walmart Super Tech SAE 30 HD will work perfectly fine in your mower. In fact, that is what I'm running in my Toro Timecutter 54 HD.

I have been reading a few posts where 30W Super Tech mower oil has been discontinued. Sorry I missed that. Well at least the topic has its own heading.

At my local Wal-Mart they are out of the 48oz bottles of B&S branded oil. Although they did have the small 20oz bottles. All the other brands of oil were multi-blend.

I need the 48oz as I have a new rider. I purchased a couple quarts of Super Tech 10W30 today. Keep your ideas and opinions coming! Thanks!

I'll open a new thread about my mower and oil issue.

Nothing wrong with the supertech 10W-30 you've already bought. When I was doing maintenance on my family's mowers I tended to use pcmo 30, 10/40, and 20/50 conventional. Lots of people run synthetic and/or hdeo in theirs. Honestly, I don't think it matters. Keeping a clean fuel filter on it is my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back