Wal-Mart Super-Tech Full Synthetic 5W-30 data...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been changing my own oil for that very reason.

I'm not paranoid, but why is everyone out to get me?
gr_eek2.gif

csandste,
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but be sure they don't "forget" to change your filter when you get the $11.94 oil change job.
rolleyes.gif

Last time I saw the tech grab the filter and walk out and get under the car. I do worry about a Cavalier which has a filter that's a total bear to change. Most of the time I smell poured oil all over the manifold/pipes for a couple of days. If it doesn't smell....wellll....

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask for the old filter. Three changes ago, the tech substituted a smaller Fram-size filter and then wrote up that I had been using the wrong size. Now I put an e-mail from Champion Labs and a big-*** request to use the correct size on the dash. Some of those techs ARE idiots.

On another post I'd discussed the dangers of cheating on bulk oil, telling a story about some co-workers who had run a theatre popcorn scam by reusing old boxes, scraping the gum off, etc. The theatre charged them for boxes used.

I guess someone else could do the same thing with a filter, in addition to not having to do the work, a filter could be charged and then re-used or returned by (a friend of) the tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back