Wal Mart Oh no!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Vuser:
I find more of a choice with little difference in price buying oil at AZ or AAP.

Unless these guys raise their prices on oil again...

WalMart is pricing themselves out of the oil selling business. The selection is really starting to stink, and the prices are high. Might as well shop where I can pick up a filter and oil all at the same time
dunno.gif

Brian

BTW - I do like the SuperTech syn in my mower
nono.gif

Wento to a local AAP and was scared at the prices and thought the 2.22 q qt Motorcraft looked great, beside TropArtic was 1.59 or so.

One less reason to go into a wal mart equals zero reasons for me to go in... yippee!!!

Their selection has been going down the tubes... s it because we talk about how wal mart has good oil choices on BITOG so much, that it spreads and EVERYONE buys their oil there now???

JMH

Was just in Walmart to buy some M1 EP, and it is now about $30 for a five quart jug. It was 23 when I started buying it there...looks like no more M1 for me. I got some PP instead, as it was still pretty cheap at around 4 bucks a quart. However, I will no longer be going to Walmart for oil, which means I won't be going to Walmart anymore.

ST syn still $12.24/5qt. jug, PP still $18.97/5qt. jug. Everything else is sky high. My 92 qts. of M1 at average cost of $2.60/qt. sure looks good now!

Hey PZ!
quote:

Was just in Walmart to buy some M1 EP, and it is now about $30 for a five quart jug. It was 23 when I started buying it there...looks like no more M1 for me

Me too Pal, and I never thought I'd say it. Here in No. Va., the stuff is running 6.38/QT for plain old 5W20 Super Syn, or whatever they call it now. My sump is small, even with an oversize filter I only take 4 quarts and the car doesn't use any oil even over 7,000 on the present OCI, so the 5 quart jug is a 1-quart waste, even if it saves about a buck a quart over buying just quarts. I never see the 5W20 in jugs anyway, only 5W30. I found 5W30 in SL, bought several awhileback when it was 18.99/jug at WallyWorld, but decided to run thin stuff instead, so sold it off to someone, twenty a jug.

So, it's off to Havoline, they say it's mostly the same effect in SM 5W20, and it's less than 1/4 the cost per quart. Plus, it already has lots of moly, so no more VSOT at $5.00 a bottle to thicken things up.

At these prices, I have to bid Mobil 1 a fond fare-thee-well. Maybe if the winter is cold, I'll do an M1 0W20 OCI, but even then, why bother? We rarely ever see below 15 above, anyway. 5W20 Havoline should see me through quite well. Stuff should run just dandy through my Amsoil synthetic filters..
cheers.gif

Interesting. Target used to carry a nice oil selection, but they threw in the flag a couple years ago. Now they have a couple flavors of M1, Shell, and some Castrol dino, and that's about it. Filters? Forget it. Wonder why the big general retailers are giving up this ground? I can't see an obvious reason.
dunno.gif

I was at Sam's club yesterday and playing with the numbers saw that Castrol Syntec is running about $1 less a quart (6qt case $28 and change) than M1. So when the M1 stash is gone I'll be running the Castrol Syntec.

quote:

I was at Sam's club yesterday and playing with the numbers saw that Castrol Syntec is running about $1 less a quart (6qt case $28 and change) than M1. So when the M1 stash is gone I'll be running the Castrol Syntec.

Last time I was at Sam's Club near where I live, I didn't see any M1 at all. The only syn they had was Castrol Syntec. Come to think of it, the whole oil selection was limited. My Sam's Club didn't have that large a selection anyway, but this last time, it was even more limited. Maybe they are doing like Wal-mart and scaling back on all but the most popular (cheapest?) brands.
dunno.gif

wow, I didnt realize the prices at walmart...

Last time I was in k-mart, there still was plenty of 4-qt M1 bottles at $19.99 each. I dont recall the priceon M1 EP, but Im not entirely convinced that I need to use it.

If M1 becomes that big of an issue to buy/find, Ill be switching to amsoil in some applications... I know that pep boys and advance often carry it, but even there some of the varieties are VERY hard to find...

maybe Mobil is not allowing wal-mart to strongarm them into givng such good prices anymore?

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back