Wal-mart MAG1 (Supertech) oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to start a debate on the overall quality of MAG1 -- the dominant supplier to Wally World. Does Wlamrt "Low Price" mean "Low Quality" ???? Let your comments Rip !

This was just debated over use in a Camry in the southwest. It was determined adequate for reasonable OCIs in reasonable climates.

It doesn't seem to stir up passion for or against. I use it when I can't get anything better like chevron supreme, or anything cheaper like various rebate deals. At my level of personal stock in the oil shrine, I won't buy any soon.

The only way to know is to run more UOA's. If I was changing my own, I'd probably buy something else on sale at an equally low price, as it is the $10.88 service is an ok deal. This board is knowledgable but limited in size. In reality, we have no real proof that Castrol or Chevron is really better than Valvoline, there's simply not enough data to be sure. Most people who have oil related failures really abuse their cars, something no one here does.

Even the UOA's can be suspect since additive levels can vary greatly with the same lab running the same oil in the same car.

I read this forum because it's harmless fun. I don't believe any brand of oil is worth sweating over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back