Wal-Mart M1 5W-30 EP is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wandered into my local Wal-Mart today, and to my surprise the shelves were once again stocked with M1 5W-30 Extended Performance, in both the single quarts and the 5-quart jugs. Plenty of T&SUV as well, but only in the single quarts. Around here the EP hasn't been available for about three months.

Still no API starburst on the EP varieties, but it is appearing on the regular Mobil 1 (lots of that on the shelves too).

W/M on Glendale Ave. in Toledo OH. has several jugs of 15/50 super syn, less then $20/jug. Also had several qts. of T&SUV at $4.89 each!
grin.gif

Andersons on Monroe Rd. had several cases of T&SUV at $32.xx each. Also lots of M1 5/20 & 0/30.

I just love oil shopping while on vacation..
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I stopped at another Wal-Mart today, they also previously had empty shelves when it came to Mobil 1 5W-30 5-qt jugs, both the regular and the EP. This one now has full shelves again and I looked at the situation with the starbursts and the donuts. Basically it is all over the road.

5W-30 EP 5-qt jug - no starburst, no donut
5W-30 Reg. 5-qt jug - starburst is present, no donut

5W-30 EP 1-qt - no starburst, donut is present
5W-30 Reg. 1-qt - both starburst and donut present

Wherever the donut is missing it says the usual "Suitable for...." statement.

A similar situation existed with the other viscosities and some of those say "energy conserving" while some do not. However, most of those appeared to have both the starburst and the donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back