Wal-Mart Everstart Plus 2021 - Current battery info

FVP
Sebang Korea

Went to Wal-Mart to replace a dying Toyota TrueStart (5 1/2 years) after researching the crazy corona prices elsewhere.
Only the Champion AGM at Wal-Mart seemed like a solid choice at $189, but since I'm not driving much working-from-home, figure a cheap one $88 will work fine for the cars that sit in garages.

Interestingly, no caps. Sealed design. Looking up the design and the biggest battery maker in South Korea, found that it's an SEBANG GLOBAL BATTERY OEM. (It's also no wonder that Walmart is one of the world's biggest oil consumers shipping things like heavy batteries from overseas.)

Figure sealed is better since the TrueStart out-gassed enough acid to corrode some of the paint around it.
Between the Everstart and Champion, it's really just the time between replacements. Figure the original Panasonic AGM in my xA ran 10 years, the regular TrueStart 5 1/2 years, so you're just replacing twice as often without going AGM.
c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

HSW = Hyundai Songwoo, a affiliate of the Hyundai chaebol. Some are made by Hankook Atlas and I’ve seen some with a different S/N that’s a giveaway from Delkor, the Korean arm of Clarios( formerly the Korean battery arm of ACDelco).

I’m tempted to use a Walmart battery, Clarios batteries puke acid.

Back