Wal Mart.com bad experience

Read your terms carefully-- IIRC mine just read "we will ask to see your receipt" not "you must show your receipt."

The bigger box stores train their non-LP employees not to get physical or try to block you.
I think you're right. I go all the time though and don't want them mad at me although once when there was a huge line, I tried to go around and the guy stopped me and I pointed to the sign which asks to see your receipt and I told the guy that my answer was no. He grabbed my receipt and checked it off anyway. It is ridiculous when there's a line of people waiting to leave a store.

We haven't had any issues with Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy and Apple all year and the last six weeks? Well, in any given day there is at least 1 or 2 deliveries, sometimes 3 ... we are actually kind of surprised and we order a lot of stuff online.
However, normally I buy my oil at the Walmart store though over the years at times ordered online from them, no issues.
Sometimes its just "the system" in someones area I guess.

You can't be forced to show your receipt, you pay, you are done, depending on my mood I will walk right past them and anyone else. Sometimes I feel bad for the door checker and I will stop. We haven't had receipt checkers in some time but have notice them this holiday season. All out check outs are self check out too. I bet a total of 24 self check outs and maybe one or two non self check out. I suspected maybe why someone at the door this holiday, literally everyone checks them self out now.

I did see a guy get chased down by this huge butch female door watcher in Wm for not wearing a face diaper during the Dos Equis days. Man he totally hauled ass when she went after him haha!

I ordered something to be shipped from Walmart and it was damaged in transit-went on BITOG to let everyone to know the world is not perfect. But they gave me a refund.

The "thick vs. Thin" threads are more interesting.

I have no probs with them checking my receipt. They're just doing their job, no reason to take it out on them.
I've shopped with friends at Costco before, separate receipts but all the stuff in the same cart. Would only show the receipt checker one receipt to see if they raised a red flag. About 1/3 of the time they would question the receipt vs cart contents match-up, then the friend would whip out their receipt.

Same happened to me, I ordered a bunch of Pennzoil single quarts a few months back when those deals were all the rage. FedEx returned it back to them and didn't even try to finish delivery, Walmart must have another address that all the damaged shipping goes back too and all I was able to get was store credit to use on a future order, I also ordered some Valvoline motorcycle oil and was missing a few quarts and evidently they don't like to issue refunds as I got credit for that too

I've shopped with friends at Costco before, separate receipts but all the stuff in the same cart. Would only show the receipt checker one receipt to see if they raised a red flag. About 1/3 of the time they would question the receipt vs cart contents match-up, then the friend would whip out their receipt.
I think they're only trained to look for the big ticket items, usually for me they just glance at what I have and then mark the receipt.

The only problem I have with checking my receipt is when there is one person and a line of 20..
not a criminal here why am I waiting in line to leave...
Do you not wait in line either at a stop sign or stop light when there's a big line of traffic, lol. ;)

What’s the issue with showing a receipt on the way thru the out door ? It generally takes 10 seconds or less and is merely a token effort to discourage shoplifting. I use the self-checkout all the time at WM, & not offended by the practice in the slightest.

Much more concerning to me is wondering if my car has been hit or vandalized in the Wal-Mart parking lot while I’m in shopping.

Z

3 oil orders.... 3 complete disasters. Walmart is where customer service goes to die. Even with my low expectations of them they still seem to go lower.
Fedex isnt any better, between the blown out packages and them driving all over my lawn and tearing it up, lets just say the driver manager at the local distribution center isnt going to be sending me a Christmas card.

What’s the issue with showing a receipt on the way thru the out door ? It generally takes 10 seconds or less and is merely a token effort to discourage shoplifting. I use the self-checkout all the time at WM, & not offended by the practice in the slightest.

Much more concerning to me is wondering if my car has been hit or vandalized in the Wal-Mart parking lot while I’m in shopping.
It's basically worthless and a waste of time and their job is to catch thieves, not inconvenience the rest of the people who are not thieves.

The whole issue is the waste of time. Now you have to keep your receipt handy to show at the door and the waste of time comes in when there's 20 people in line in front of you and the person checking the receipt takes their job seriously and goes very slowly looking over everyone's receipt.

Almost every shipment this year from anyone has been messed up. Walmart.com has acted very well this year when things went wrong.
This year, (good riddance) I have had 2 shipping faux pas. One was with UPS and one with FedEx. Both were resolved, the UPS one was worse..

The UPS one, I had spent ~$300 finding a great catalytic converter replacement for what would normally cost, ohhh, $1200 or so for an exact OE one. Most people would go for the cheaper, direct-fit not universal option of the same, and at 1/4 the cost. Okay so I ordered it from 1A Auto just fine. Showed as "Delivered." Was not delivered.. about 2 and a half months later, a replacement was delivered. Could have been stolen in shipment, could have been lost; whichever one, the situation was rectified.

The FedEx one, I ordered 4 tires again from Amazon because they have the most convenient way to order as well as lowest price and super fast shipping.. FedEx delivered 2 of the tires, out of 4.. the other 2 showed up a day or two later.

It's basically worthless and a waste of time and their job is to catch thieves, not inconvenience the rest of the people who are not thieves.

The whole issue is the waste of time. Now you have to keep your receipt handy to show at the door and the waste of time comes in when there's 20 people in line in front of you and the person checking the receipt takes their job seriously and goes very slowly looking over everyone's receipt.
I am now convinced this is on a Walmart by Walmart basis because frequently, I am able to just walk right out the door.. I let my body language speak for me like okay I am prepared to show my papers as that is how most people that just got done spending more of their money than usual purchasing something would feel.. and they usually make no effort to stop me, or look. Frequently even a have a nice day, we are all pleasant and friendly folks. Even if not, more often than not, if I have bags and just went through self check-out and was just on video camera at the kiosk buying things, they tend to know. Or if you are in there all the time. Still, even if I am at a Walmart somewhere I have never been.. only sometimes, do they actually check my receipt. And it is a store employee that does that, not security. They have a whole office with a guy or two just waiting to go approach someone as pseudo-law enforcement if anyone wants to protest, it is right by the entrance and exit. They know if you have been stealing. At least Walmart in this day and age does.

And I used to steal things at Stop and Shop so I appreciate the discretion.

I am now convinced this is on a Walmart by Walmart basis because frequently, I am able to just walk right out the door.. I let my body language speak for me like okay I am prepared to show my papers as that is how most people that just got done spending more of their money than usual purchasing something would feel.. and they usually make no effort to stop me, or look. Frequently even a have a nice day, we are all pleasant and friendly folks. Even if not, more often than not, if I have bags and just went through self check-out and was just on video camera at the kiosk buying things, they tend to know. Or if you are in there all the time. Still, even if I am at a Walmart somewhere I have never been.. only sometimes, do they actually check my receipt. And it is a store employee that does that, not security. They have a whole office with a guy or two just waiting to go approach someone as pseudo-law enforcement if anyone wants to protest, it is right by the entrance and exit. They know if you have been stealing. At least Walmart in this day and age does.

And I used to steal things at Stop and Shop so I appreciate the discretion.
Like I said they don't really do it at the ones I go to, they just occasionally ask a couple people but they don't stop everyone. A few times when they've stopped someone, I just go around them with my cart and they don't even say anything.

Like I said they don't really do it at the ones I go to, they just occasionally ask a couple people but they don't stop everyone. A few times when they've stopped someone, I just go around them with my cart and they don't even say anything.
Yeap, I'd say that's accurate.

I would bet they sometimes get a talking-to about what "they" want to see on camera. Plus, thieves usually act a certain way...

That used to be my mindset. My gf always does self checkout everywhere she goes, so I figured I'd give it a go. It was like a spiritual experience for me! No more dealing with ignorant cashiers!

Self checkout now ONLY for me!

We do Sams club for many things including gas. I use the app for all of it. It’s simple fast s fun no check out st all. Just pull up the QR code and show it to the guy at the door on the way out. Nothing could be simpler. All they do is scan two or three items out of your cart to see that they match Innoway you go. When it comes to gas it’s even better because you don’t have to stand there freezing to death getting out your ID and then scan in your credit card and waiting. You just scan the QR code on the pump Get your gas hang up the holes and drive away. I wish everybody used it because it cuts the time down considerably!

Back