Wal Mart brand dino oil recycled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I can't edit. The link goes to Escape-Central and you will need to find the thread titled "Walmart Super Tech Synthetic Oil" by Flipwilly2.

If it meets all current API requirements and certified,,,,what difference does it make? If recyclers separate it from geargrease and antifreeze what't the difference from refiners separating it from asphalt,tar,kerosene,geargrease,etc?

Bob

I looked at that thread & noticed that he was posting from Canada, so he what he is saying is true.

Walmart Canada sells a Tech 2000 conventional motor oil that is bottled & blended by a Canadian division of Safety Kleen using re-refined base oils.

However, for the Tech 2000 synthetic, I think this Safety Kleen division is buying & blending Grp III base oils from another source, as I have never run across anything higher than 105-110 VI index by any of the re-refiners.

We had a thread on this a couple of months ago & I remember looking up the MSDS sheets, so the info is there if anyone wants to search for it.
smile.gif

In Texas, i remember Walmart used to market a recycled oil that said so right on the bottle. Attempting to appeal to the environmental soul in all of us it even had an american flag on the label. It was short lived.
wink.gif

Quote:

Follow this link and let me know if this guy is full of it. He says Wal Mart dino oil is recycled. I've never heard this. Has anyone got some better insight on this?

[URL]http://www.escape-central.com/newposts.html
[/URL]

If it was/is then thats a plus. There is nothing wrong with recycled oils of today with our hi tech methods. Oil never wears out. Just the adds. do. Do people realize that dino oil is made from crude....But I doubt that ST is made from recycled oil...at least when Quaker State packed it, it wasn't.

Quote:

In Texas, i remember Walmart used to market a recycled oil that said so right on the bottle. Attempting to appeal to the environmental soul in all of us it even had an american flag on the label. It was short lived.
wink.gif

I remember this I well....I even read an article on it...if everyone would have used it, it would have saved so much natural resources.

Quote:

If it meets all current API requirements and certified,,,,what difference does it make? If recyclers separate it from geargrease and antifreeze what't the difference from refiners separating it from asphalt,tar,kerosene,geargrease,etc?

Bob

Thats what people don't seem to understand. I would think it is easier to re-refine it that to initially do it from crude. I mean come on, this is stuff pumped from the ground full of dirt, waxwes, and who knows what else?

So long as it meets the specs, whats the problem?

Quote:

So long as it meets the specs, whats the problem?

It'd kind of like eating at a restaurant using their utensils; even though they've be washed and cleaned, they've still been in someone else's mouth.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back