Wagner Severe Duty done in 23k miles?

Akebono pro-acts are hohum boring for my driving style

I'd recommend Akebono ASP pads.... and new or turned rotors.

Raybestos EHT's have worked well for all vehicles I've used them in. Easy one of the better go-to pads for the money.

Longevity of pad depends on driving style and expectations.

Would you sacrifice braking performance for a longer lasting pad? Would you sacrifice braking performance for a quieter pad? Would you sacrifice braking performance for less dusting? I don't. I love my noisy dusty brake pads that don't last forever.

If wear is even, no point in changing pads until you're at 2mm. Keep driving.
Thanks for the sound advice! I just like to be prepared beforehand so I’m shopping for brakes at the moment. I mainly daily drive and never really haul anything. In general, what’s the most you’ve gotten out of EHT’s, mileage wise?

I ended up buying the Motorcraft Super Duty pads. What rotors should I get? I was looking at the Raybestos R lines
Most of the aftermarket rotors are fairly similar these days. Pretty sure there are only a few factories in China that are making rotors for the aftermarket.

OE is a bit different, but not drastically better anymore.

Most of the aftermarket rotors are fairly similar these days. Pretty sure there are only a few factories in China that are making rotors for the aftermarket.

OE is a bit different, but not drastically better anymore.
Thanks Critic! I went with R lines.

Hawk LTS on Rotor Pros rotors or Frozen Rotors cryogenic treated.

Lose the rubber line and replace with Stainless fo a firmer pedal feel.

Hawk LTS on Rotor Pros rotors or Frozen Rotors cryogenic treated.

Lose the rubber line and replace with Stainless fo a firmer pedal feel.
I have stainless brake lines on it right now. Unfortunately no one supplies a stainless variant for the rears... But I replaced those with OEM Ford pieces. Next step is the master cylinder as I have about 2” of pedal travel before the brakes grab.

Back