Wagner Severe Duty done in 23k miles?

https://www.advicsaftermarket.com/products/ultra-premium-brake-pads/ if you can get a part number for your application you can search it on GOOGLE, most online stores like ROCKAUTO,AMAZON,EBAY sell them if you get a part number run it in a search and get the best price, they are a little costlier but are high quality manufacture, the AKEBONO Pro Act are US Made and are very durable and long wearing quality pads also im using them on my truck and have held up along time, I have a set of ADVICS premium ceramics for my next pad change
Thank you!

Have you ran these personally? I’ve been asking around and none of my f150 buddies have
Yes I have on my 2012 F150....best pad I’ve used

My son has a 2014 F150 and purchased a set of Brembo’s for his truck
Hated em !
Bought the Ford pads and loves em !

If Ford offered this pad for my F250
I’d buy em again

Yes I have on my 2012 F150....best pad I’ve used

My son has a 2014 F150 and purchased a set of Brembo’s for his truck
Hated em !
Bought the Ford pads and loves em !

If Ford offered this pad for my F250
I’d buy em again
I may have to go that route then... I have always used Wagner and Raybestos but love Motorcraft

I am quite pleased with the rabestos eht pads (element3) on my f150. I had hawk LTS prior and find the eht a better driving pad, with far less dust than the hawks. We have them on 2 vehicles and they have become my go-to. And they are inexpensive, though with brakes, price is usually not a priority for me - we tow so i buy what works well towing as well as DDing. These pads have been excellent.

I am quite pleased with the rabestos eht pads (element3) on my f150. I had hawk LTS prior and find the eht a better driving pad, with far less dust than the hawks. We have them on 2 vehicles and they have become my go-to. And they are inexpensive, though with brakes, price is usually not a priority for me - we tow so i buy what works well towing as well as DDing. These pads have been excellent.
I will look into these as well! What’s the most you’ve gotten out of a set of these pads, mileage wise?

I’ve used Rabestos EHT pads before and they have been good . I now have power stop Z23 evolution sport ceramic pads . They have a better bite . But definitely give power stop a look

I’ve used Rabestos EHT pads before and they have been good . I now have power stop Z23 evolution sport ceramic pads . They have a better bite . But definitely give power stop a look
I’m on the fence about going ceramic. How’s the initial bite?

I would say they stop my vehicle just fine. I did not notice going from Ford OE pads to ceramic pads except less dust.

I am not heavy on the gas pedal nor heavy on the brake pedal.
That particular pad doesn’t do well on heavier vehicles if your vehicle sees a lot of city driving. The pad material causes a lot of pad deposits which results in premature pulsation issues. Bite is ok. They also tend to deliver a somewhat spongy pedal feel.

One of an economy aftermarket pad. The other one is an OE pad for not much more money.

Not a very difficult decision to make.
It’s about a $104 difference on RA for me with EHT’s being cheaper. The “pad and rotor” combo comes with coated rotors and EHT’s

Akebono pro-acts are hohum boring for my driving style

I'd recommend Akebono ASP pads.... and new or turned rotors.

Raybestos EHT's have worked well for all vehicles I've used them in. Easy one of the better go-to pads for the money.

Longevity of pad depends on driving style and expectations.

Would you sacrifice braking performance for a longer lasting pad? Would you sacrifice braking performance for a quieter pad? Would you sacrifice braking performance for less dusting? I don't. I love my noisy dusty brake pads that don't last forever.

If wear is even, no point in changing pads until you're at 2mm. Keep driving.

Back