Wagner Severe Duty done in 23k miles?

I would not get to focused on the material type- they are really just marketing terms. Semi-metallic compound #1 can be very different than Semi-metallic compound #2.

Overall, we have had the most consistent results with OE pads from the dealer. Aftermarket is truly a hit/miss, especially in demanding applications.
I’ve heard that Ford/Motorcraft pads leave much to be desired... especially on a heavy truck like mine

I go with Akebono Pro-Act on all my vehicles including my Ford F250.

Half my brake pads get replaced as rust or corrosion caused an issue and things did not wear as planned.

I use coated rotors but with the OP being in Calif they may not be warranted.
How do they do on your Ford?

Those are correct! I wonder why they are not listed under my truck on the site?
Searching by VIN is probably the most accurate method, but which GVWR rating does your truck have?
I am showing two different part #'s and the GVWR of 7700 seems to be the determining factor.

Searching by VIN is probably the most accurate method, but which GVWR rating does your truck have?
I am showing two different part #'s and the GVWR of 7700 seems to be the determining factor.
Mine is under 7700. I think the 7700’s are the 7 lug trucks

Hey all. I have a 2002 F150 SuperCrew 2WD that I strictly daily drive. When rotating my tires a few days ago, I noticed my front and rear pads (both Severe Duty) were at about 4-5 mm. The rotors I use are Raybestos. I’m not hard on the brake nor do I ride them, so I’m surprised that these pads didn’t last very long.. I do have brand new calipers in the rear (Element3) and the front calipers work just fine.

Any recommendations on trying another brand? I will like to stick with Semi-metallic. I would go OEM Ford but I don’t know what friction material is used with the pads
Here’s what you need

Attachments

• F5B48431-CCD8-44D3-A994-E0C847891649.jpeg
    F5B48431-CCD8-44D3-A994-E0C847891649.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 16
Where’s a good place to source them?
https://www.advicsaftermarket.com/products/ultra-premium-brake-pads/ if you can get a part number for your application you can search it on GOOGLE, most online stores like ROCKAUTO,AMAZON,EBAY sell them if you get a part number run it in a search and get the best price, they are a little costlier but are high quality manufacture, the AKEBONO Pro Act are US Made and are very durable and long wearing quality pads also im using them on my truck and have held up along time, I have a set of ADVICS premium ceramics for my next pad change

Back