Wad Do ya THINK about no oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you think
if your car was run without ANY oil?

Today I was at a Toyota Dealership... Brought my own oil and did a Oilchange.

The car next to me was backed out and went on a TEST run... and just happened to leave all the fresh oil on the FLOOR and about 8-10 Inches wide for about 125 Feet.... I'm sure that was all the oil in the engine reasonable to be drained...

Anyhow, I told a Manager after I left and you shoulda heard...

Anyway, I heard comments from the other TECHS
that said yeah, least I only did it once or twice,
several others chimed in mee too but not as much as "HARRY" for five times.... bla bla bla

All along I am standing there listening...

And ALL the manager wanted to know was why I was there because for "BS -- INSURANCE reasons" I'm not supposed to be... I explain for this very same reason right here....

Anyhow... Wad do ya think?
What should or would YOU do if it happened to you?

This is why I have changed my own oil since I got my license 29 years ago
wink.gif

Darryl

I would have written down the license plate, found out who the owner was, and contacted them to make sure they were aware of what happened.

I do my own oil change and ask them to just do the other service work as required by the service book for warranty purposes.

They don't seem to have a problem with that.
smile.gif

I did ask them to change the oil in the diff with the my supplied redline, which they agreed to do even though they suggested it still would have to be done at 40,000km again. I took it to them to do as I couldn't get the fill plug undone. The car had only done 2,000km. When I asked the mechanic how he was going to out the oil in, he answered that they had a large drum of diff oil with a pump! I ended up lending them my small manual pump that I had fortunately put in the boot and watched that he used it and put my oil in!

quote:

Originally posted by Robbie Alexander:
The car next to me was backed out and went on a TEST run... and just happened to leave all the fresh oil on the FLOOR and about 8-10 Inches wide for about 125 Feet....

You mean to tell us that no one flagged the guy down immediately and stopped him from driving off?
shocked.gif
gr_eek2.gif
confused.gif
thumbsdown.gif

You mean to tell us that no one flagged the guy down immediately and stopped him from driving off?
shocked.gif
gr_eek2.gif
confused.gif
thumbsdown.gif

I mean the TECH "DROVE" off and I'm wiping away oil from my shoes because this car is to my back but I'm getting oil on the shoes...
Car takes off, and a few guys START laughing
I look up and say heay, what's that! Ohhh it's just oil...
Yeah, OOOHhhhhhhh /*!@$@$ ... and one of the guys runs off to stop the TECH... and everyone almost without exception thinks nothing of it......

AND HOOTBRO
I did allow them the first change as posted in a post someplace here... after that I brought my own oil....
I got 5 FREE oilchanges with my truck.
'Cause I change thereabouts every 1K for the first 6K then go to about 60% -80% oil change then followed by the next one to a full OCI.

Truck now has 14K.

Would have more but wife Broke Ancle and has it cut open and metal and screws placed in there...
So I have missed many days of work the past couple months...

This is why I do my oil changes, for 35 years and over a million miles. The filter is pre filled, the grease zerks are cleaned, and it is a good opportunity to glance around under the vehicle for leaks or other problems. I do all the work I can and only farm out what requires special equipment.

I was given a couple of free oil change cards when I bought my Mazda 3 and I actually thought I might use them. Then I sat in it and instantly knew that I can't let anyone else touch her!

It seems I'd rather pay to do my own oil changes than let someone else do it for free. Stories like this make me confident I am making the right decision!

Sounds like they have a few idiots working there. Go somewhere else or change your own oil.

-T

This happened to me years ago. The dealer gave me a free oil change on my birthday. This was the first change on my new 94 Ford Probe. The tech did not put the filter on correctly. When he started it up, there was a lot of oil on the floor. I was watching from the waiting area. He yelled to me "hey, your oil pressure guage doesn't work." I yelled "shut it off" and showed him the oil. The manager and tech cleaned it up and told me they think nothing will be damaged. They wouldn't do anything for me. I actually traded the car (to this dealer - ha ha)6 months later because of low oil pressure readings.

Probably come back later that night and burned the place flat to the ground !!! People who care so little about their customers don't deserve a place in the business community

hey guys lighten up
they were just trying to duplicate that "Prolong" infomercial where they put in Prolong, drain the oil, and run that old Ford 6 cyl for hours on end........

quote:

Originally posted by Redneck53:
Probably come back later that night and burned the place flat to the ground !!! People who care so little about their customers don't deserve a place in the business community

Are you sure you weren't born in a small town in Texas?
lol.gif

It's not so much screwing up your oil and filter replacement, but it's all the other BS they try and give you when you are there.....you know....trans. fluid looks a little dirty, may I offer you a flush service? Or this one....air filter looks a little dirty, etc. etc. You know the drill, 100 dollars later when you went in for a 24.99 oil change special....that's why I do all my own oil changes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back