W2's stupid question of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Fram probably sells more air & oil filters than any other filter manufacturer, I wonder why they don't also sell their own line of motor oil. It seems to me that it would sell like hotcakes.

Any thoughts?

It would probably be a staight 30 wt oil, packaged in a cardboard container, that was glued together half a$$ed, and had a leaky lid. They'd more than likely charge about 9 bucks a quart and market it as the best thing since sliced bread.
thumbsdown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:
It would probably be a staight 30 wt oil, packaged in a cardboard container, that was glued together half a$$ed, and had a leaky lid. They'd more than likely charge about 9 bucks a quart and market it as the best thing since sliced bread.
thumbsdown.gif

....and they would sell millions upon millions of quarts of the stuff to the buying public who couldn't care less about the oil that they put in their engines. Or at least that's the way I perceive it.

Don't forget TEFLON like their filters have.

I don't think it would be that profitable for them, they would have to completely farm it out.

-T

Guys,

I noticed the other day that Fram now has a picture of their Extra Guard cut open pictured on the Fram box.....that has metal end caps. The photo is similar to Purolator's PureOne. I guess so many BITOG members called and emailed Fram asking about their cardboard endcaps, that now they changed the picture.
confused.gif

Next time you go to AutoZone or PepBoys.....take a look at the Fram box and you will see what I mean.
pat.gif

Heres the picture. http://rsx.freewebpage.org/images/preview-001.jpg

Aaron

[ April 06, 2005, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back