W10 driver for laptop HD4500 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently prurchased an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC DV6(1030us?) with a C2D T6400 and HD4500 (GMA 4500). I bought this for $60 with intentions of playing vanilla WOW. I have ordered a C2D T9600, 120Gb SSD, and 8Gb of RAM. What I didn't initially think about was graphics driver. Windows 10 doesn't officially support C2D oh HD 4500 graphics. While searching for a working driver for W10 I found this.

https://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=122060

Here is the Link

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=287YR

I installed the driver and followed some prompts to install some Windows .32 stuff and it works. Wow runs better than before, but still needs the ordered upgrades.

laptopgraphics.jpg

Make sure to disable Windows from automatically updating the drivers, it will toss this out and put another in that doesn't work. You can find it run/gpedit.msc.
Post if you don't find it.

Originally Posted by Danno
What are the upgrades costing? I have found that the basic old architect in an older laptop will always bottle neck you speed. I play Wows... alot.

Well the ram was spendy at $64 on ebay. The SSD was $27 and the CPU was $10. I offered a coworker 120 for this machine after I goggled Pavilion DV6 and saw an Ivy bridge and 8Gb RAM. After I had my hands on it I gave her $60. I should have just passed, but I'd already said I would buy it.

Do you play vanilla? I'm on Lights Hope Northdale.

Originally Posted by Trav
Make sure to disable Windows from automatically updating the drivers, it will toss this out and put another in that doesn't work. You can find it run/gpedit.msc.
Post if you don't find it.

I'll keep that in mind. The only thing Windows could possibly change it to is the generic MS driver, as they don't support it and never will. I will take the downloaded file and burn it to disc soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back