VZ Access Manager wireless ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not tech savvy so you may have to ask me 100 questions to figure out what I am trying to do.

I have a Gateway lt2016u with a built in Wireless broadband modem (thru Verizon). I want to see if I can broadcast a wifi signal using this computer so that I can use my ipod touch.

So you want your Gateway to act as a hot spot.

I don't think this is actually a VZ Access Manager setting. It's most likely a Windows networking setting (if you're using Windows). Maybe someone else can provide more details on how to configure it.

VZ access manager is to support an air card to get wireless cellular phone based internet (3G data plan over the Verizon cell network). Im using it right now.

Dont think you can transfer the signal elsewhere through VZ, though windows broadband sharing may be an option.

correct I want to use the wireless thingy in my puter to transmit a wifi signal while I am hooked up to VZ access mgr. Im running XP

correct I want to use the wireless thingy in my puter to transmit a wifi signal while I am hooked up to VZ access mgr. Im running XP

You can do what you want, but it will be problematic. You need to make sure the normal wireless on your computer is not using the wireless adapter so the HOTSPOT app can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back