VW507 OCI CATA

OK, got it.

Sounds like it was bad? I saw the VOA of the SRT posted, very high Phosphorous and Moly. There are also 2 UOAs of the Euro product with much lower Phosphorous and Moly levels. The UOAs looked pretty good

OK, got it.

Sounds like it was bad? I saw the VOA of the SRT posted, very high Phosphorous and Moly. There are also 2 UOAs of the Euro product with much lower Phosphorous and Moly levels. The UOAs looked pretty good
The Triax oil used doesn't even meet the minimum HTHS for the VW engine in question and the viscosity was too low.

I PM'd the OP to see it he could repost the UOA with his private information covered or removed. I'd sure like to see that.

Triax has a Euro spec oil too, you think that would have had better wear numbers? This is the Euro LX 5w-30

Attachments

• uoa.pdf
    202.1 KB · Views: 62
It'll sure tell you if the oil is full of wear metals and the viscosity is almost a grade too low, as this one did.

A UOA like this one is a clear red flag even without history.
Yes, that's not what I meant. What I meant was that the UOA tells you very little about whether the product meets an approval other than viscosity and minimum TBN, assuming that measurement is even accurate.

I PM'd the OP to see it he could repost the UOA with his private information covered or removed. I'd sure like to see that.

Triax has a Euro spec oil too, you think that would have had better wear numbers? This is the Euro LX 5w-30
The wear numbers come from the specific engine and operating conditions not the oil. I still wouldn't use the oil from an unscrupulous blender like this one however.

Back