VW recalls Jettas for sizzling tailpipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
More proof of how stupid people are!

What, are people just walking into tailpipes now because they're to busy talking and texting on the cell phone??

If they protrude enough I could see during trunk loading maybe you brush them and get your leg burned.

The worst jerks are those who leave their trailer hitches in a parking lot. Not proud of this now, but in college I really hurt my knee walking through a parking lot between cars at night and clinked my knee hard on a truck hitch. My friends and I removed the hitch and through it into the adjacent swamp.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
If they protrude enough I could see during trunk loading maybe you brush them and get your leg burned.

The worst jerks are those who leave their trailer hitches in a parking lot. Not proud of this now, but in college I really hurt my knee walking through a parking lot between cars at night and clinked my knee hard on a truck hitch. My friends and I removed the hitch and through it into the adjacent swamp.

So YOU were not watching were YOU were walking...and too close to another person's vehicle IMHO, and because YOU were not paying attention and hurt yourself, you thought it was OK to steal someone's property and litter a nearby area?
Wow...sad news.

Last edited:

I'd be [censored] if you just threw my $100 hitch into a swamp.

A good reason why my hitch is locked on. So some dork can't decide he doesn't like it and throw it away!

Back on topic, my wife just burned herself the other day on our pipes. Who do we sue?

Originally Posted By: DriveHard

So YOU were not watching were YOU were walking...and too close to another person's vehicle IMHO, and because YOU were not paying attention and hurt yourself, you thought it was OK to steal someone's property and litter a nearby area?
Wow...sad news.

Someone sued my employer for trip and fall. Thank goodness we had a surveillance camera, it showed her LOOKING THE OPPOSITE WAY from the direction she was walking! DUH! Like we are at fault because she can't look! Eventually dropped. People are morons.

John

People get crazy judgmental on this site sometimes, lol. He said it was back in his college years and he isn't proud of it now... The guy was just telling a little story, jeez.

Originally Posted By: jigen
People get crazy judgmental on this site sometimes, lol. He said it was back in his college years and he isn't proud of it now... The guy was just telling a little story, jeez.

You're forgetting that everyone on this site is a perfect upstanding individual, and never makes a wrong decision in life.
wink.gif

I don't think that's it at all.

Where I come from if you steal something it's wrong. Period. Even if it was just "a little fun".

He's actually very lucky the owner never caught him.

Hundreds of thousands of motorcycles must be recalled immediately!

The manufacturer will have to build a heat resistant "cool" safety cage and encapsulate every exposed exhaust surface lest some intellectually challenged type decides that they should brush by someone's bike shortly after it has been ridden. In fact, any hot surface should be caged completely. And we need large signs hung on these safety cages with warnings in English, French, Spanish, Vietnamese, Lakota Sioux, all common dialects of Chinese, Danish, Russian, Swahili, Urdu, Farsi, Tagalog, Japanese, and Esperanto but not Icelandic. Those Icelanders should know better with all that geothermic heat.

This also goes for Vipers with side pipes! ....no, wait. That needed to be fixed anyway. The GTS with the rear exhaust looked and worked better anyway.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
He's actually very lucky the owner never caught him.

Or the other way around. Who knows which party is more violent and unstable?

I don't think protruding hitches should be left on a vehicle when not in use. They cause unnecessary damage in minor collisions and parking impacts, and can be a hazard to pedestrians. It's worth the ten seconds of effort to remove it.

Originally Posted By: rpn453

I don't think protruding hitches should be left on a vehicle when not in use. They cause unnecessary damage in minor collisions and parking impacts, and can be a hazard to pedestrians. It's worth the ten seconds of effort to remove it.

Exactly..... these are the same dopes that back their hulking pick'em up truck into a parking space and **** the front of my bumper and hood up with that hitch. I have to say if I ever notice something and I am certain of the cause ( a protruding hitch ) I would literally use a hacksaw and cut the lock right off and drive away with the hitch also I would try and damage the attachment as well. Serves inconsiderate folks like this right if you don't care I don't either.

Last edited:
mini cooper S had the same issues a few years ago, and they have recall to push the tips closer and guess what... In a long run, will smoke the bumper...and now another complaint.

I would be pleased to have the exhaust dump far enough rear of the trunk pan that my chances of CO inhalation are lessened.

Dudes... the footprint of my car is not perfectly round. You still have to watch out for my tailpipe, and the razor tipped curb feelers.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: rpn453

Well I don't know, some how two cars have managed to rear end my Dad's F150... If he didn't have the big load balance, anti-sway hitch in there, they would've damaged his truck. It's 100% their fault and they got 100% of the damage, sounds pretty fair and makes things simple for my Dad with no need to make a claim.
I keep my hitch in the Tracker all the time too, partially for this reason and partially so I don't have to remember to put it in if I'm picking up a trailer.

It amazes me that people here are saying that we need to take stuff off the car/truck because it inconveniences them?

Most folks would be far better off to watch their own self first before pronouncing judgement on a pickup truck owner just because we have a hitch.

Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back