VW Jetta 8 speed. In need of transmission fill pump.

I am not quite sure what the proper name is, but I am looking to purchase a "fill pump" for doing ATF drain and fills on our 2021 VW Jetta equipped with the 8 speed tiptronic. I am aware that this transmission does not have a fill plug on top so the fluid must be refilled from the drain plug. This is something I am foreign to and will need to research before attempting.

Having said that I know I will need to purchase a pump of some sort and the proper adapter for this specific transmission. I have found some models on line but can not confirm if they will work with this car. If anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a $10 adapter tool that I found on e-bay. You'll need to provide your own pump but they're cheap and readily available everywhere.

Do a search for J91003-1 adapter kit or VAS 6262-1 and you'll find all sorts of things.

1663067738671.png

Last edited:
I use a garden sprayer with a length of tubing and a brass valve.

The fill adapter was $10 on eBay. It's just a 10mm tube with threads cut on one end.

20220913_074725.jpg

20220913_074746.jpg

I’ve got a widget very similar to the garden sprayer. Probably the same thing - sold at twice the price.

I have one for transmission fluid, one for Mercedes ABC fluid. Don’t want to risk cross contamination.

I’ve got a widget very similar to the garden sprayer. Probably the same thing - sold at twice the price.

I have one for transmission fluid, one for Mercedes ABC fluid. Don’t want to risk cross contamination.

This is the professional way to do it 🤣

I agree on the cross contamination. I have the large one for ATF and a smaller one for gear oil.

My first "fill tool" was a bucket with a 3/8 fitting screwed into the bottom. Gravity works.

if the situation allows: It may be possible to attach and leave installed, an aviation style stainless braided hose to the drain plug. (We do this on engines with difficult drain plug access) and use an AN plug at the end.

That way, each fluid change can be performed by simply hooking up a funnel.

if the situation allows: It may be possible to attach and leave installed, an aviation style stainless braided hose to the drain plug. (We do this on engines with difficult drain plug access) and use an AN plug at the end.

That way, each fluid change can be performed by simply hooking up a funnel.
Unfortunately you have to remove the standpipe after removing the plug to drain the transmission

Back