"VW-Ford isn't just an alliance, it's an automotive earthquake" -Autoblog

What good can come out of this. Maybe Porsche will reintroduce the 928 with the 600 HP Ecoboost engine.

VW will take Ford over and keep the pickups and drop everything else into the dustbin of history along with the refrigerators and lawn tractors.
Did you read this … talks about all new stuff altogether …

VW‘s US market share is not much …

Last edited:
Does this mean all timing chains will go against the firewall now, not just 1/2 of them?

Or if it's only about electric cars, maybe they can glue the batteries in like some phones, to make them truly disposable.

What about the mach E architecture? I guess its done already.

This basically means both thought Tesla would eat their lunch without partnering and that well get a badge engineered differences on this platform. Not exciting to me as potential customer.

What about the mach E architecture? I guess its done already.

This basically means both thought Tesla would eat their lunch without partnering and that well get a badge engineered differences on this platform. Not exciting to me as potential customer.
Tesla can take GM. I can see Tesla being the last US car company in the not to distant future. It really is a shame but these companies did it to themselves in so many ways.

Funny reading these comments. Apparently us dinosaurs are not seeing the huge changes the industry will undergo in the next 10-15 years. If Ford had not sone this alliance, Ford would probably cease to exist. Re-tooling for electric cars and autonmous cars would bankrupt any company not large enough, Ford being one of them.

Back