VW Budack Cycle 2.0T - hugely unimpressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your description mirrors my initial critique of the 1st to 2nd upshift from the Aisin transmission. At first, it frustrated me that the transition was so rapid, in efforts to quell higher rpm fuel usage I presume. But once you learn how throttle input changes the character of the engine, your good. You can have a tepid, frugal family sedan or a fun to drive Volkswagen all wrapped in the same package.

How is it even possible to get just 17 MPG on a 2020 Altima? In the summer I can get 17 MPG highway driving my Tundra.

Originally Posted by wemay

But I will admit, my wife's Hyundai SFS 2.0T is a significantly more refined engine.

Until it starts burning massive amounts of oil and throws a rod.

Originally Posted by wdn
How is it even possible to get just 17 MPG on a 2020 Altima? In the summer I can get 17 MPG highway driving my Tundra.

Its a function of a terrible commute that sometimes takes upwards of 45-50 minutes to go 3-4 miles with probably 15-17 stoplights in between. I live and work in one of Atlantas financial and high rise districts (Buckhead) so terrible MPG is just a thing. Just for reference my TDI that is rated at 29 city I typically average 24-25 MPG per tank with same commute. 2019 Camry 2.5 I had as a loaner last year was middling along about 17-18 MPG as well. My Mercedes (C300 RWD and E350 4Matic) were regularly in the low teens, running E85 in my C300 9-10MPG tank averages were a thing.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by smc733
Originally Posted by wemay

But I will admit, my wife's Hyundai SFS 2.0T is a significantly more refined engine.

Until it starts burning massive amounts of oil and throws a rod.

We're over 200K trouble free miles. I'd say we got our money's worth long ago. Probably trading it in in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back