VW 6 yr warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
VW is now giving 6 yr. 72k warranty on their new cars.

Sounds pretty attractive to me. A lot of their cars are price competitive anyway.By all accounts they have good driving dynamics.

You take hit-or-miss VW quality out of the equation, or mostly out of the equation, all you have to worry about is notoriously rude treatment by the dealers--a small issue in the scheme of things.

If they had had this six weeks ago when I bought the Prius C I definitely would have driven a Jetta first.

Transferrable warranty btw.

My son my well eventually wind up in a new GTI Sport precisely because of the new warranty...

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Powertrain or bumper to bumper?
Turns out its bumper-to-bumper. I'm impressed

I bet a lot of people who bought a 2017 instead of waiting are kicking themselves

http://www.vw.com/warranty/

I work with two VW dealers..Fiore in ALtoona PA and State College VW in State College, PA. I have found both to be professional, courteous knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to buy a VW. I have dealt with Fiore for over 4 years and have only very good things to say about them.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
72k miles?

Not enough.

It probably will be for most people, since this will cover the vehicle for the duration they plan to own it. Sounds like a great idea for those people.

I wouldn't consider a VW at this time, but I can see this as a very positive move by VW.

Also, this may force an upward trend by other manufacturers. 3 years / 36k miles bumper-to-bumper is like the old 3k oil change - out-dated.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
72k miles?

Not enough.

For most makes, you could always buy an extended warranty good for 100-120k or more. Not sure if VW did that, I don't think Audi did it.

Oh, and the gov has never lied about anything of importance. Truth be known all the manufactures are fudging the EPA rules. Someone with connections had it in for VW is all.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
They lied to government on their EPA tests what makes you think their going to honor their warranty?

They lied to government on their EPA tests what makes you think their going to honor their warranty?

OMG
You drive a Chevy truck with a Duramax engine? GM cheated the emissions on some years, but you probably don't care/know/believe it because the media didn't make a blitz telling the public about it.

If I was looking for a FWD or AWD hot hatch the new warranty would likely sway my decision as well.

Still 3 years/unlimited in Oz. Wouldnt even entertain the thought of buying a new VW at the moment, but if they were to follow suit and up their warranty to 6 years, I'd be interested!

Originally Posted By: FLORIDA
dang I had to pay out the butt to get a 5y/60k bumper to bumper warranty from them

Call corporate and complain about it. Worse thing they can do is say NO but at least you gave them a chance. Then maybe update us if they do anything.

Originally Posted By: faltic
Oh, and the gov has never lied about anything of importance. Truth be known all the manufactures are fudging the EPA rules. Someone with connections had it in for VW is all.

Nothing to do with it if they'll lie to government they lie just like your government. You're still the one holding the bag. Only reason their doing a thing they were about to lose the import license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back