VW 502 00 & VW 508 00 in canada ???

Why would you assume that?

And why would you use an oil with an approval different than what’s specified by the automaker? VAG has specifically stated that 508 00 approval is not back-specified to those models not listed for the approval. Does your owner’s manual state that either is acceptable?
My owners manual won't stare if 508 is compatible as it come out after the car was made . This is why I am asking .
I didn't know 508 wasn't backwards compatible???

Can I or should I send 508/509 in the s5 that's calls for 502/504 or should I avoid this since I'm higher mileage??
I assume 508/509 has more sludge cleaning
Short answer is no.

While 504 is suitable in most 502 applications, 508 is not. Both 502 and 504 specify a minimum HTHS of 3.5, whereas 508 is only 2.6. Much thinner and not intended for an engine not designed for it.

OP, send me your vin numbers and I will check and see what oil approvals are listed in etka. These are listed for world wide market. Also the 508/509 approval was out in 2017 and it was used on the 3.0 tfsi found in the S5

Good idea. Or tell us your engine code at least. According to ETKA and
Erwin VW allows for using the following for my GTI built June 2017:
VW 502 00, 504 00, 508 00. And the factory fill definitely wasn't greenish.

We covered this a while ago - the service fill oil (508 00/509 00) has to be dyed. The factory fill oil makes no requirement to be dyed, nor does it forbid it. If the supplier has the exact same oil approved to factory fill and service fill then I guess a dyed oil will go in FF. The other alternative is that some dyed service fill oil could be added to the engine as top-up during pre-delivery inspection.

Since I haven't had an analysis done back then it isn't possible to clear that up for my GTI.
In my eyes it doesn't make much sense to distinguish between factory fill and service fill.
It doesn't even help much that according to VW's ErWin all three contemplable approvals
are permitted by Volkswagen for my GTI (VIN specific): 502 00, 504 00 and 508 00. I prefer
running 504 00 anyway.

Back