VSOT..........interesting darkening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running a full container of VSOT in both my Volvos. The oil appears normal, maybe just a tad darker. What is darker are the metal surfaces. Don't know the real cause - either the thickeners or the Mo or the P....

I'll have to take a peek under the cover. I added a bottle to my refreshed 3.0 ..the oil had a slightly darker tint to it ..but I didn't notice anything else. I guess the stuff is like dark Karo syrup
dunno.gif

The oil in both my cars with Amsoil/Pennzoil/LC and VSOT is now extraordinarily DARK.

Not a huge issue.

It does bug me that the metal surfaces in the newer Volvo 850 are darkening way beyond the typical Amsoil golden.

VSOT itself is fairly dark in color. Like Gary, I've noticed that it does make new oil a shade darker on the stick(my current mix is 6oz VSOT in 4qts Maxlife dino).

Pablo - What grade/weight oil are you using in your Swedes?

Sump in the new Volvo is about 6.5 qts. Old beater is about 6. (dual remote)

Why not a full bottle?

245Ti has a 15W-40 blend with LC and VSOT.
850 has wholly heck brew of 5W-30, 5W-40, 10W-40, LC and VSOT.

Both will get changed at 10K or 6 months/1 year depending on time/budget.

Pablo, 15W40 AND VSOT? My gosh man thats like tar
grin.gif
. Side note to Pablo, you dont have your Amsoil Distribator sign out yet anywhere near Big Rock Rd. DaveJ

Hi

I thought that too about LC20 keeping the VSOT from going too far...but my drained M1 10w-30 looked like cold molasses sitting in the catch basin the next morning.

This trip, I used one oz of VSOT per qt of M7500 with LC20 standard dose added.

I use VSOT in 15w40 during the summer at .5 to 1 oz per quart in a 15 qt system and notice no appreciable thickenning of the resultant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back