Volkswagen's excellent 6-year/72,000-mile warranty is ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by edyvw

OK, your point? By the way, Recaro pulled out of an American market two years ago.

Probably because most Americans are too fat to fit in those sporty seats, sad loss. They are excellent seats.

Originally Posted by AC1DD

OK, your point? By the way, Recaro pulled out of an American market two years ago.

Probably because most Americans are too fat to fit in those sporty seats, sad loss. They are excellent seats.

LOL, no I was referring to baby seats.

Not a lot of people care enough about a baby seat, Recaro made them well but people didn't want to buy them. Most only want the cheapest or absolute minimum Wal-Mart or Target has.

Well have you seen some of the children in America?

It ought to be considered it child abuse; some of these poor kids have almost no chance to form healthy habits.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

It ought to be considered it child abuse; some of these poor kids have almost no chance to form healthy habits.

You want to make it a crime when people eat too much? That's already over half the American population.

I do wonder what some people are thinking though, diabetes, heart disease, stroke risks, high blood pressure, cancer, osteoarthritis, kidney disease, fatty liver disease, etc. the risks and lists go on and on.

Originally Posted by nthach

Not a lot of people care enough about a baby seat, Recaro made them well but people didn't want to buy them. Most only want the cheapest or absolute minimum Wal-Mart or Target has.

Man I got daughter 3 1/2 months ago and cannot get Recaro. So I switched my 3yr old to booster with back support early and baby to Recaro. My son could do 800-900 miles in a day in that thing, no fuss etc. He sits in Graco, 1 1/2 hrs top, he is already uncomfortable.

True. It is IMO child abuse.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

You want to make it a crime when people eat too much? That's already over half the American population.

I do wonder what some people are thinking though, diabetes, heart disease, stroke risks, high blood pressure, cancer, osteoarthritis, kidney disease, fatty liver disease, etc. the risks and lists go on and on.

It is not eating too much. My 3 year old opens a fridge and finishes 1lbs of strawberries. It is habits and honestly, how much time parents are willing to devote. Also, it is rue that some parents do have to make some tough choices. Healthy food is expensive.

Last edited:
This warranty makes the 2018/2019 appealing used VWs up to 3yrs/36k old. They tank due to depreciation but have still have full new car warranty on them.

I'd consider a VW Passat 2018/2019 a few years used if they trend at their massive depreciation but decently reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back